Full Stack Web Developer | Full Time
Location: 193 South Winooski Avenue, Burlington, VT, USA
We’re growing and looking for a Lead Developer to work on high-quality, commercial-grade websites and web applications. You’ll be part of a collaborative team that synthesizes creativity, technical expertise, and business smarts.
Headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, Bluehouse Group is an established digital agency that serves a wide range of clients regionally and nationally. We’re particularly focused on helping organizations involved in renewable energy and sustainability. We work with companies in other sectors as well as startups, nonprofits, and government agencies. Every team member has input in our process and has real impact as part of our high-performance team.
As a company, we care for and support our people. We recognize the needs of life and family, and we pride ourselves on having a good work-life balance. This includes flexibility around work schedules and work location. We empower our staff to be continuous learners and encourage learning opportunities. Last but not least, we give back to and support our local communities.
We are also lucky to work with amazing clients on interesting projects – come join us!
- Communicate directly with the client when needed.
- Collaborate with project manager on project execution and client satisfaction
- Support team members
- Contribute to project scope and time estimates
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, with a track record of getting stuff done
- Significant expertise in PHP, including experience in various frameworks (Laravel, Symphony, etc.)
- Experience with WordPress or similar CMS
- Experience integrating with third-party APIs
- Experience with MySQL or Postgres
- Strong knowledge of architectural principles
- Working knowledge of HTML5 and CSS3
- Working knowledge of Linux
- Working knowledge of source control systems including Git
- Agency experience
Good to Have
- Understanding of web hosting and AWS infrastructure (EC2, RDS, S3)
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent
Traits We Look for in an Engineer
- Great communication skills
- Collaborative spirit
- Ability to be both responsive and proactive
- Willingness to learn and grow
- Attention to detail
- A focus on best practices and process improvement (coding techniques, security, performance)
- Good organizational skills and ability to move between tasks easily
- Competitive salary
- Flexible schedule
- Plenty of paid vacation and personal time
- Full health benefits
- Employee retirement plan
- Generous profit-sharing program
- Enjoyable work culture
Sound Like A Place Where You Can Thrive?
Send a cover letter along with your resume, LinkedIn profile, or a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org, and put “Full Stack Web Developer” in the subject line.