Vermont Compost Company
Food Residuals Porgram Manager | Full Time
Location: Montpelier, VT
The Food Residuals Program Manager initiates and supports all tasks related to food residuals collection services. This position will develop new customers, provide excellent customer service to current customers, coordinate operations, and support Vermont Compost Company’s long-term food residuals collection goals. A positive attitude, flexibility and attention to detail are essential for success in this position. The food residuals department is a new and developing department within Vermont Compost Company that will require continued development and support.
Major Areas of Responsibility:
- Facilitate sales of hauling services to new and existing customers
- Schedule and manage all hauling services
- Work with relevant staff to develop operations to support hauling services
- Develop infrastructure for tracking and administrative responsibilities
- Ensure excellent customer service and support
Sales/Customer Service Duties:
- Expand client base for hauling services throughout Central Vermont – with a focus on Montpelier, Barre, and Berlin.
- Further develop and expand current residential hauling services.
- Monitor calls and emails, and respond to customer inquiries in a timely and professional manner
- Communicate with support staff; ensure routes are clearly mapped and other operations are clearly established
- Work with generators to ensure food residuals meet the Vermont Compost Company standard
- Engage in hauling as needed and when appropriate (we anticipate this component fluctuating as the program develops)
- Ensure tote inventory remains adequate and order more as necessary
- Ensure all necessary permits are up to date
- Continue to develop washing, storage and thawing operations to support the program
- Participate in hiring and training any support staff
- Coupling food residuals collections with egg deliveries if/when appropriate
- Experience driving a box truck and collecting food residuals totes (preferred)
- Experience in program development, sales, marketing and customer service (strongly preferred)
- Highly organized with a keen attention to detail
- Logistics management experience
- Ability to lift 50lbs and perform all other necessary physical tasks
- Proven track record of working autonomously
Location and Schedule: Based out of our location in Montpelier, VT – this position will require time on the road during the work day and some administrative duties may be completed from home if desired.
Compensation and Benefits: This is a full-time, year-round, hourly position with compensation commensurate with experience. This position includes paid time off, 3% matching IRA, a health insurance benefit and more.
To apply, please email a Cover Letter and Resume to Kurt@vermontcompost.com with the subject line “Food Residuals Program Manager”.