Firmware Engineer | Full Time
Location: 35 Thompson Street, OnLogic
As a senior Firmware Engineer at our South Burlington, Vermont Headquarters you lead full-time the development of firmware/software coding tasks for the various microcontroller (MCU) applications across our own products including motherboards and expansion cards. You also support external partners performing BIOS creation for our own computer motherboards. You will engage in projects from the concept phase, through development, prototype build and validation all the way through volume production.
On an average day, you’ll…
- Work with the product definition and product design team to identify and document the microcontroller firmware requirements.
- Code and debug MCU firmware.
- Work with the product definition and product design team to define BIOS specifications.
- Collaborate with external parties in the development of the UEFI BIOS.
- Work with manufacturing to build prototypes for evaluation.
- Validate function of firmware & BIOS on prototypes.
- Perform RTOS porting and development of the device drivers.
- Actively participate in continuous improvement of the company’s development processes.
The team you will be joining:
Our Engineering team creates our cutting edge industrial computers by finding innovative solutions on a daily basis. The Engineering team’s success relies on collaboration, creative thinking and a commitment to being at the forefront of technology. Roles on our Engineering team include Electrical, Mechanical, Firmware, Applications, Sustaining and Regulatory.
- Learn more about Life at OnLogic
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering.
- You have a minimum of 3 years Firmware development experience.
- You have experience in embedded firmware, and debugging using JTAG based debuggers & analyzers.
- You have a strong background in software design with C, Assembly.
- You have a good understanding of PC hardware architectures, BIOS and Linux.
- You have experience with microcontrollers, their architecture and operation.
- You have a strong engineering aptitude for electronic/electrical systems.
- You understand schematics for software/hardware integration.
Who we’re looking for:
- You have proven experience in developing code for microcontrollers.
- You are enthusiastic about software development and thrives at solving Engineering challenges!
- You have detail oriented skills with a focus on quality.
Who we are:
OnLogic is growing, and we want to give you the same opportunity to grow in your career! We design and manufacture specialized computers and hardware solutions for companies all over the world, helping them to make the seemingly impossible possible. Our computers are designed to work where others would fail, and it’s our vision to be the first choice in industrial computing. To make that vision a reality, we’ve built a team of ambitious problem solvers, guided by the company’s core values of Open, Fair, Innovative and Independent. We have an open office, open salaries and strive to be fair and transparent in our decision making. We encourage input and feedback from every member of our team and look to improve ourselves and our business every single day.
OnLogic is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To learn more about our values, our mission and what it’s like to work at OnLogic, visit www.onlogic.com/careers.
The salary range for this role is $60,000 to $90,000. We determine final compensation based on discussions with applicants and their experience in similar roles.
- A competitive Salary based upon your experience and the requirements of the role
- A comprehensive Benefits package
- 401k Plan with 3% Employer Contribution
- An Annual Profit Share Bonus
- Paid Maternity & Paternity Leave, and Short & Long Term Disability
- Opportunity to Participate in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- A personal development plan created to help you (and us) grow