Finance Director | Part Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
Summary of Position:
The Intervale Center in Burlington, Vermont seeks a part-time Finance Director to join our growing organization. This position is responsible for all financial matters of the Intervale Center. The Finance Director works closely with the Executive Director, senior leadership and the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategies across the organization. This is a 20-24 hour per week position.
- At least five years’ experience in a senior financial management role, preferably in a nonprofit organization with a budget greater than $1 million. The ideal candidate will have experience in the development and implementation of financial management strategies and business development.
- Significant experience in or knowledge of nonprofit accounting, including grant accounting, compliance, and reporting.
- Excellent analytical and abstract reasoning skills, plus excellent organization skills and capability to communicate financial needs and results with others.
- Knowledge of State and Federal employment laws and experience managing employee benefit plans.
- A college degree in Accounting or Finance.
- Human Resource experience is a plus.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee cash flow planning and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Develop and utilize forward-looking, predictive models and activity-based financial analyses to provide insight into the organization’s operations and business plans.
- Coordinate the development and monitoring of budgets.
- Develop financial business plans and forecasts and support Program and Enterprise Managers.
- Participate in policy development as a member of the senior management team.
- Engage the finance committee of the board of directors to develop short-, medium-, and long-term financial plans and projections.
- Represent the organization to financial partners, including financial institutions, investors, foundation executives, auditors, public officials, etc.
- Remain up to date on nonprofit audit best practices and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations.
- Oversee the accounting department to ensure proper maintenance of all accounting systems and functions. Hire and supervise the Intervale Center’s finance staff . Share payroll responsibilities with the Staff Accountant.
- Ensure maintenance of appropriate internal controls and financial procedures.
- Ensure timeliness, accuracy, and usefulness of financial and management reporting for federal and state funders, foundations, and the Intervale Center’s board of directors; oversee the preparation and communication of monthly and annual financial statements.
- Coordinate audits and proper filing of tax returns.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance regarding all financial functions.
- Manage employee benefits and evaluates future options.
- Additional human resource support may include organization development and communication, performance reviews, policy development and general management support.
Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com . This position has the opportunity to be 20-24 hours per week. Compensation is commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for 401(k) and CTO. This position will be based in Burlington, Vermont and will remain open until filled.