Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
FEP Customer Service Representative | Full Time
Location: 445 Industrial Lane
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Customer Service Trainee to join our Federal Employee Program (FEP) team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym (post-COVID), fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy.
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross is transitioning to hybrid workplace by July 2022, where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office will work two days per week in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
FEP Customer Service Trainee Responsibilities:
- Act as a liaison between the Plan’s members, outside vendors, provider offices, other BCBS Plans, and BCBSVT.
- Learn and utilize customer service skills in order to successfully handle all customer interactions in a consistent, courteous, and professional manner.
- Provide clear, concise, and accurate interpretation of Plan certificate language, benefit administration, and internal policies and procedures.
- Accurately document, track, and research all inquiries according to department guidelines and written procedures.
- Acquire and implement the knowledge and skills necessary to meet individual, department and Company goals that are tied to Career Path and Performance, Quality Assurance, and MTM/Service Index standards.
FEP Customer Service Trainee Qualifications:
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Computer literacy and strong typing and spelling skills are required.
- One to two years of successful customer service experience, preferably in a health insurance or health care setting is desired.
- The ability to multitask, problem solve, and work independently is necessary.
FEP Customer Service Trainee Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!