Vermont Green Up, Inc.
Executive Director, Vermont Green Up Inc. | Full Time
Location: 14-16 Baldwin Street, Montpelier, VT, USA
• Manage the daily operations (20%)
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with funding sources and sponsors, communities and town coordinators, private and public sector and governmental entities (40%)
• Organize, market and enhance visibility, participation and affinity for the state-wide community Green Up Day and supporting programs and events (40%)
• Champion, guide and execute the mission, vision and brand of Green Up Vermont.
• Be the primary “voice of brand”, chief spokesperson and liaison; continue to build strong relationships that create awareness, educate and build engagement and affinity for Green Up Vermont and a ‘clean, green Vermont’.
• Build and maintain financial stability: manage the organization’s financial operations and develop and maintain annual financial plans and budgets
• Lead the development and diversification of revenue from a broad base of new and existing funding sources (corporate partners, annual giving, major donors, endowment, tax check off program, etc.)
• Organize and execute Green Up Day, the largest statewide volunteer event, collaborating with towns, volunteer town coordinators, and community volunteers as well as state government and private sector businesses.
• Build upon and grow key Green Up educational initiatives, such as the student poster contest, while innovating new means of public at large awareness and engagement.
• Provide leadership to and define strategic direction for the Green Up board, staff, volunteers and other related constituencies. Recruit, retain, motivate, mentor and lead staff and volunteers by providing thought leadership in the development and management of effective programs, policies and processes.
• Collaborate with the Green Up Board to develop and execute a strategic vision for growth and to develop an annual marketing and communications and operating plan to accomplish goals set out in the strategic plan.
The Executive Director of Green Up must be an energetic and passionate leader with proven results and experience in business and/or in a non-profit organization, with a record of demonstrable achievement in brand-building, fundraising and stakeholder engagement. To be successful in this role, the candidate should possess the following qualifications and competencies:
• Creative, entrepreneurial, and strategic leader who has consistently demonstrated his/her ability to develop and successfully implement a vision.
• Effective communication, relationship management and fundraising expertise with strong fiscal discipline.
• Excellent communicator who can convey the importance of Green Up’s mission to a variety of audiences and stakeholders in a clear and compelling way and rally people to support that mission.
• This person is a community bridge-builder and an effective networker. They seek and can develop strategic networking opportunities at the local, regional and national levels. Strong ability to evaluate organizational effectiveness and the capacity to align financial resources with strategies and operations; understands how to manage operations profitably.
• Must have strong organizational skills and the ability to multi task.
• Experience in event marketing and management a plus.
Work requires travel by automobile to communities throughout Vermont for meetings and program operations. Employees must maintain a valid Vermont driver’s license and manage travel arrangements, including overnight accommodations. Additional travel may be required to attend state, regional or national meetings and conferences.
Please email resume and cover letter to email@example.com