Living Well Group
Executive Director | Full Time
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
The mission of Living Well Group is to create a model of whole-person elder care that honors, respects, and elevates each individual while redefining aging in America. True healthy and happy living is based not only on the care we give our bodies, but also the care we give our minds, emotions, and spirits.
At Living Well Group we believe in endless possibilities, potential and vitality for our residents. Our philosophy of conscious aging promotes a new journey that offers our residents opportunities to grow, learn, share, thrive, build confidence, and become healthier. At Living Well Residences, we do not see aging as an illness defined by limitations, but instead by potential that can be achieved through love and encouragement.
EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION SUMMARY
The Executive Director is responsible for ensuring quality care while building a high performing team. Key responsibilities include day to day operations, providing outstanding quality and service to residents, managing a highly engaged workforce, financial performance and management, customer relationship management, community development and regulatory compliance.
REPORTS TO: Board of Directors
● Responsible for planning, organization, and direction of the organization’s operations and programs.
● Provide leadership and manage the efforts of site staff to ensure appropriate support of all departments.
● Supervise the development of operations-based financial modeling.
● Coordinate and lead annual budget reviews, monthly and quarterly reviews, and periodic forecast updates with management team at each location.
● Develop, implement, and review current consistent inventory and cost accounting policies, procedures, and operational reporting/metrics.
● Approve major systems implementations related to cost and inventory control.
● Retain a diverse and highly qualified staff (and volunteers) by providing career coaching, growth, and personal development for employees.
● Ensure that services and funding relationships are robust enough to meet or exceed strategic goals and objectives.
● Oversee and report on the organization’s results to the BOD.
WORKFORCE FOCUS RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensure the tools are available to thoroughly train staff.
● Develop and maintain an effective recruitment and retention process.
● Develop and maintain safe work environments.
● Hire and manage effective management teams.
● Maintain accountability for management teams and quality of care.
RESIDENT FOCUS RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensure leadership and staff are regularly trained on methods for improving resident/family experience.
● Work with all departments to ensure the delivery of consistent, quality resident care in a safe, interactive, social atmosphere.
● Ensure each community excels in all regulatory compliance areas.
REVENUE GROWTH RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Ensure that all department heads and the Board of Directors are updated on current resident census, projected discharges, and admissions.
● Oversee the development of a marketing strategy with social workers, discharge planners and other referral sources to maintain a consistent pipeline of new resident referrals.
● Work with Administrators to maintain a healthy balance between private pay and Medicaid residents.
● Explore grant writing, fundraising, marketing opportunities and community networking to supplement resident revenue.
FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT RESPONSIBILITIES:
● Work with CFO and Accounting team to ensure timely, proper and accurate processing of Accounts Payable and collection of all receivables.
● Work with the BOD and management team to create a comprehensive budget to be reviewed monthly with management team and quarterly updates to BOD.
● Monitor facility and department spending regularly.
● Work with management to develop an ongoing list of required maintenance and capital expenditures for each building.
● Work with management to develop an ongoing “wish list” to improve work environments and the resident/family experience.
● Perform other duties as needed for the benefit of staff, residents, and families.
● Minimum Education – Bachelor ’s degree (Master’s preferred) in healthcare or related field with certificates in healthcare or nursing home management and administration
● Minimum 5 consecutive years’ experience as Executive Director/Administrator within Residential Care or Skilled Nursing facility with proven performance excellence results.
● Possess strong knowledge of state and federal long-term care regulations.
● Residential Care experience or experience in Multi-Level Care facilities preferred.
● Proven record in successful fiscal growth.
● Ability to build and maintain healthy work environments, professional relationships with management teams and staff, and relationships with residents and families to ensure trust.
COMPENSATION: Salaried position $100,000 – $110,000 with potential for incentives. Benefits available, Health, Dental, Vision.
Please send a cover letter and resumes to Edsearch@livingwellgroup.org. Posting is active until June 5, 2020 or until a qualified candidate is found.