Events Coordinator | Seasonal
Location: 180 Intervale Road
Position: Events Coordinator
Reports to: Development Director
Status: Seasonally variable full/part-time, annual, permanent
Hours: 30 hrs/wk Oct-April and 32-40 hrs/wk May-Sept
Term of Employment: hourly
Summary of Position:
The Intervale Center in Burlington, Vermont seeks an enthusiastic Events Coordinator to join our growing organization. This position is a member of the Center’s development team, providing important leadership in event management and logistics, and community engagement. An ideal candidate has at least two years of experience working in events logistics and a passion for hospitality, food, planning, and the outdoors!
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working closely with the Intervale team and especially the Community Relations Manager, provide planning and logistics management for all Intervale Center events, including house parties, partner events, and our annual fundraising dinner, the Midsummer’s Feast.
- Staff events, including set up and break down. This includes creating and posting signage, setting up tables, ordering and prepping food and beverages, and cleaning up.
- ManageSummervale and Wintervale events, from identifying vendors to managing a team of interns, staff, and volunteers the day-of.
- Coordinate and staff select community and development event programs with Lands and Development staff, such as cooking classes and nature walks.
- Manage inquiries and scheduling for Community Barn and other facility rentals, including wedding rentals and logistics. Staff weekend rentals as needed. Grow rental revenue while creating efficient rental management systems.
- Develop, plan, and execute event revenue goals, budgeting, and tracking with support of Development team.
- Act as an important ambassador and public face of the organization.
- Manage event volunteers and staff.
- Support all other development activities as needed, including appeals and donor visits, and Board engagement.
- Participate in strategic planning and long-term development and events planning.
- Minimum of two years of experience working in events logistics. A hospitality, service or restaurant background is a plus.
- Great customer service and “people” skills.
- Must love food!
- Excellent verbal and written communication and public speaking skills.
- Design and computer skills, including data management, Excel, Canva, or Adobe Suite.
- Strong project management, time management skills, and excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to thrive both individually and in a team.This position works closely with the Community Relations Manager on our premiere events series while also executing many events on their own.
- Ability to problem-solve and think on their feet without a lot of support.
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs and stand for long periods of time. Must be comfortable working in all weather.
- A passion for community food systems, creativity, and the desire to grow into a long-term events and development role.
- Must be available to work occasional nights and weekends.
Position starts: ASAP
Deadline to apply: July 15
Compensation: $22-24/hr plus generous benefits package – CTO, sick time, 401(k) with match and more.
Position is based in Burlington, Vermont.
The Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: July 15, 2021 12:00 am
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.