Chelsea Green Publishing
Events and Partnership Manager | Full Time
The Events and Partnership Manager is responsible for leading Chelsea Green’s exciting program of author events – both in person and online. This includes researching, planning, and executing title-specific and category-specific author tours and speaking engagements. This role will also work on securing partnerships with like-minded organizations. The role reports directly to the VP of Business Development and Global Sales. This is a full-time, salaried, non-exempt position for a motivated, well-organized, outgoing self-starter.
Events – physical and digital
- Developing a strategy and vision for the author program alongside Chelsea Green events alongside VP of Business Development and Global Sales
- Managing the events program budget with oversight of relevant author spend
- Managing the virtual event technical side and researching best tools for the business
- Pitching and confirming author online or real-life events at bookstores, universities, conferences, fairs/festivals, specialty stores, corporate meetings, community centers, clubs/groups, libraries, lecture series, and any other opportunities
- Planning and executing title-specific tours for both US and UK based authors
- Working with event authors and partners on event logistics and deliverables
- Liaising closely with the Head of Marketing and Events at Chelsea Green Publishing UK.
- Updating and managing internal systems for events and presenting upcoming events to the team.
- Strategize, pitch, and plan online events with our authors for our “practical skills” and “in conversation” webinar series.
- Coordinate author schedules (depending on the author, this can include liaising between event hosts and authors, managing detailed logistical itineraries, securing and facilitating payment of honoraria and reimbursement of expenses). Develop, coordinate and communicate with authors regarding tours, appearances, and interviews (often acting as initial point person in marketing department for authors, and key contact on schedules in general)
- Handling author reimbursements for event related travel
- Ability to confidently host and moderate online and in-person events
- Ideally someone with a background or knowledge of agriculture and food events.
- Research partnership opportunities and present to VP of Business Development.
- Conducting marketing outreach to like-minded organizations for sponsorship and help to spread the word about events.
- Find notable partners to collaborate with for both online and in-person events with our authors.
- Develop and maintain relationships with like-minded organizations to support their mission-based work and in return utilize those relationships to help promote our authors and our books to their members and online audiences.
- Promoting and listing events in local calendars and announcements; conducting marketing outreach to like-minded organizations for sponsorship and help spreading the word about events
- Coordinate with publicity team to research local print, radio, television and online media outlets and pitch interviews centered around an author appearance.
- Collaborating with our community event partners on regular events each season to strengthen these ongoing relationships.
- Mailing review copies to prospective organizations/events when necessary
- Provide weekly reports/ updates to staff
- Participate in weekly sales and marketing meetings
- Minimum of 2 years experience working in a fast-paced, events-related field
- Ability to confidently use Zoom, and other online event platforms.
- Highly organized with a strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to work independently with little supervision
- Able to prioritize and juggle competing deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Professional and courteous when relating to accounts, authors, event organizers and partners
- Ability to solve practical problems and manage time effectively
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel a must. Knowledge of database management a plus, as well
- Must have a proven ability to think creatively
- A passion and understanding for Chelsea Green’s business and publishing mission
Deadline: July 3, 2021 12:00 am
Please send a cover letter and resume to Anne Bowman (email@example.com)