Engineering Analyst | Full Time
VEIC is a sustainable energy company on a mission to generate the energy solutions the world needs. For more than 30 years, VEIC has worked with governments, utilities, foundations, and businesses across North America to design and deploy clean-energy services spanning energy efficiency, building decarbonization, transportation electrification, and a clean and flexible grid.
VEIC administers three large-scale energy efficiency and decarbonization programs and provides full-service consulting and engineering services. VEIC is nationally recognized for originating pilots and programs that optimize energy use, reduce energy burdens for low-income customers, and advance emerging technologies and innovative program models.
The Engineering Analyst manages clearly defined projects by completing basic energy analysis and calculations and provides project support to Engineering staff. Participates in the delivery of cost-effective energy efficiency solutions to clients while contributing to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable, and stimulating work environment.
Qualified candidates located in Vermont preferred.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Performs basic energy analysis, systems energy modeling, screens measures, and calculates incentives for projects.
- Provides assistance to Engineering Consultants with specifications and plan review, product research, and contract development.
- Works proactively to manage projects through to completion, promoting the installation of cost-effective efficiency improvements and creatively overcoming customer barriers to installation.
- Maintains accurate project records within proprietary database and hard copy files.
- Maintains ongoing communications with clients, architects, engineers, vendors, and other trade allies.
- Meets on site or with client as needed to identify project and priorities, develop customer relationships, and inspect energy efficient measures.
- Participates in information sharing system maintenance, development of training sessions, and project teams.
- Provides support to the activities of VEIC as necessary to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals, and values of VEIC.
- Associate’s degree or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- At least 2 years’ experience with project assistance and conducting analysis.
- Understanding of building systems, building energy use, building construction, and energy analysis techniques preferred.
- Experience with thermal shells, refrigeration systems, HVAC, or coding is a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, and modeling software.
- Experience building relationships with customers and bringing their perspective to proposed solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to be organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1406/engineering-analyst/job