Encore Renewable Energy
Director of Sales | Full Time
Location: Northeastern US (exact location flexible)
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return commercial and industrial-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since Encore’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as a leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development of over 75 commercial-scale solar projects. Encore is in the process of building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeastern U.S. and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Encore seeks a highly motivated individual with the proven skills, experience, and attitude to successfully identify, originate, and close on new solar and energy storage opportunities. The Director of Sales will focus on acquiring customers for project offtake as well as sites to host new projects.
This position requires a well-networked, highly self-motivated sales professional with an unwavering appetite to pursue and secure new business. Reporting to the Chief Commercial Officer, the successful candidate will manage the responsibilities outlined below.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth, team-oriented, fast-paced entrepreneurial company. We want colleagues who are committed to a triple bottom line of people, planet, profit, and who are willing to take on responsibilities outside of their comfort zone in order to achieve the required results.
- Originate new solar PV and battery storage projects in the Northeastern US and other strategic markets;
- Manage and prioritize a pipeline of sales opportunities in order to achieve quarterly and annual sales targets;
- Identify target customers and execute outreach campaigns to generate business;
- Develop and execute on strategies that expand Encore’s business into new segments of the rapidly evolving solar and energy storage markets;
- Negotiate and close power purchase/offtake agreements with industrial, commercial, and utility customers;
- Negotiate and close site control documents with landowners;
- Track and influence relevant state-level policies that affect solar and energy storage markets;
- Shepard projects through internal executive committee approval and effectively hand projects off to the Development and Construction teams;
- Evaluate and respond to RFP’s;
- Create and present proposals for clients including businesses, government bodies, school boards, and utilities;
- Leverage new and existing relationships in order to pursue business across multiple channels;
- Utilize Encore’s CRM software in order to maintain accurate reporting on the status of potential sales;
- Grow sales team over time in a leadership role;
- Perform other duties as required
- 5+ years of renewable energy project origination/sales experience. Battery energy storage experience a plus;
- Demonstrated ability to achieve sales targets;
- Experience and/or education in the fields of in Finance, Business, Engineering, Math, Economics, or other quantitative field;
- Strong oral and written communication skills, comfortable presenting in public settings, organized approach to workflow processes;
- Strong proficiency in Office, G-Suite, & CRM Software (Copper, Salesforce, or similar software);
- Keen sense for identifying new solar and energy storage opportunities;
- Ability to travel to meet with landowners and customers;
- Demonstrated proficiency in the development of high impact proposals and presentations;
- Strong understanding of solar and energy storage project financial models;
- Ability to self-organize priorities, set and work to deadlines, often with limited direct oversight;
- Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines;
- Impeccable integrity and a high degree of emotional intelligence;
- Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization.
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that which we are most proud of. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy infrastructure of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
- Attractive compensation
- 401k profit sharing
- Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended maternity and paternity leave
- Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities) and paid-time off policy aimed at ensuring team members maintain balance
- Continuing education and tuition assistance
Encore believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment, and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We are looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Encore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Encore complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Encore has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
To apply please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org