Upstate Elevator Supply Co.
Director of Sales and Marketing | Full Time
Location: 388 Pine St, Burlington, VT, USA
Upstate Elevator Supply Co, a premium CBD brand based in Burlington, seeks a Director of Sales and Marketing. The Director of Sales and Marketing is an integral part of Upstate’s executive leadership team and will contribute to strategic planning, branding, and business development to rapidly scale the business. The Director of Sales and Marketing will develop and implement strategies to grow the Upstate brand across all channels. This position will manage the sales and marketing teams by setting goals and incentive programs. This is a full time salaried position. Compensation commensurate with experience
- Develop and execute annual sales plans in support of Upstate’s strategy and goals. Own and hit/exceed annual sales targets.
- Grow Upstate’s multi-channel revenue including ecommerce, B2B, retail, and distribution.
- Understand category-specific landscapes and trends. Monitor customer, market and competitor activity and provide feedback to company leadership team.
- Report on forces that shift tactical budgets and strategic direction of accounts.
- Prospect, manage and close strategic opportunities.
- Supervise eight sales brokers, and in house digital marketing and customer service team to deliver profitable growth.
- Manage high touch wholesale accounts and key relationships through direct communication, events, demos, and in-person meetings.
- Define and oversee sales staff compensation and incentive programs that motivate the sales team to achieve their sales targets.
- Provide data for detailed and accurate sales forecasting.
- Compile information and data related to customer and prospect interactions.
- Work closely with leadership to define the vision and grow the company’s national market share.
- Contribute to the development of branding and marketing materials.
- Contribute to product development, assist in planning and scheduling for new product launch, and communicate new product development to customers and the sales team.
- Assist in reports defining progress, problems and solutions around new business implementation.
- Manage conception, development, and execution of company’s strategic marketing plan with clear deliverables product concepts, and promotional programs to drive interest and sales.
- Collaborate with all company departments to create and execute strong marketing programs for brand management, public relations, media communications, event marketing, merchandise, and advertising.
- Generate and implement marketing strategies to enhance customer engagement and generate new sales at the Burlington flagship store.
- Ensure consistent communication of and protect the integrity of Upstate’s brand image and message to consumers, vendors, the media, and the wider marketplace.
- Develop and manage an annual marketing budget with short and long-term scheduling of resources.
- Create an annual marketing calendar based on key themes, benchmarks, and goals.
- Oversee all aspects of marketing including graphic design, point of sale collateral, public relations, social media, website, etc.
- Develop innovative marketing strategies and negotiate advertising contracts.
- 10+ years Sales Experience
- 2-3 years in Cannabis, Beverage, CPG or other Dynamic/Regulated industry experience (Preferred)
- Successful history of hiring and building a sales team
- Understand the importance of goals, metrics, and accountability
- Experience analyzing data and reporting performance on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Proficient computer skills
- Budget and cost analysis experience
- Project management experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Comfortable moving quickly from one task to another
To apply please submit a cover letter and resume to Brooke Jenkins, Chief Operations Officer, at email@example.com