Encore Renewable Energy
Director of Project Estimation and Procurement | Full Time
Title: Director of Project Estimation and Procurement
Location: Northeastern U.S. or Mid-Atlantic
About Encore Renewable Energy
Encore is a leading integrated clean energy services company headquartered in Burlington, Vermont, focused on the development of sustainable, cost-effective and high return community-scale solar PV systems, large scale energy storage applications and 21st century solutions for the redevelopment of underutilized property. Since the Company’s formation in 2009, Encore has established itself as the leader in the Vermont solar market having been involved in the development and construction of nearly 100 community-scale solar projects. The Company is in the process of transitioning from a develop and EPC business model into that of a vertically integrated power producer. At the same time, Encore is building from its leadership position in Vermont to expand into other attractive markets across the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic regions, as well as select markets in the Western portion of the U.S., and is targeting key hires to expand its team to meet strategic objectives.
Encore seeks a highly motivated individual with the skills, experience, and aptitude to serve as Director of Project Estimation and Procurement. Reporting to the VP of Construction, the successful candidate will work with our Engineering, Construction, Procurement and Finance Teams in support of the firm’s rapidly growing renewable energy project development, construction, and asset management activities.
This position location offers the flexibility of working remotely or in our Burlington, VT office. In addition, this role requires regular travel to project sites. The successful candidate will manage the responsibilities outlined below.
Encore is a dynamic, high-growth, team-oriented, fast-paced entrepreneurial company. We seek colleagues who are committed to a triple bottom line of people, planet, profit, and who are willing to take on responsibilities outside of their comfort zone in order to achieve the required results.
● Improve upon current estimating process, budgeting architecture, spreadsheet software and budgeting solutions;
● Lead our commodity and component research, sourcing, value pricing and maintenance of a current and historical pricing database, while using this data to better inform new project budgets and lead times;
● Manage and issue vendor purchase orders on major equipment;
● Lead RFP costing data and collaborate with business development to provide project budgets for RFP opportunities;
● Solicit, build and manage relationships with outside vendors, contractors and labor forces across the US solar market;
● Review available plans and specifications to ensure compliance with Encore standards and project requirements;
● Perform conceptual estimates at times when detailed design information is not yet available;
● Work on multiple estimates concurrently;
● Collaborate with business development, finance, engineering, construction and project management teams to confirm budget elements meet project specification and align with financial models;
● Ensure that proposals meet company and regional financial goals and that contractual requirements of the project are acceptable;
● Ensure that estimates are complete, well organized, and ready for review by project leads;
● Attend Amicus meetings, stay up to date/informed about pricing trends across the solar/RE/storage industry;
● Build out infrastructure to compare costs across projects to help identify historical trends and identify efficiencies;
● Perform other duties as required.
● Equivalent experience in a technical field and/or related experience;
● Minimum of five years of project construction estimating experience. Value for experience in the solar PV/battery storage, power systems estimating experience;
● Requires strong spreadsheet/computer skills, familiarity with estimating software, Excel, Smartsheet, Google Sheet and word processing;
● Expert judgment, analysis and analytic skills;
● Ability to read technical project documents/prints;
● Knowledge of technical components, with emphasis on solar racking, electrical commodities and components, civil and labor rates;
● Self-motivated and well organized with proven ability to perform at a high level with limited direct oversight and management;
● Experience working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment;
● Demonstrated success at building team relationships and partnerships across organizational lines;
● A high degree of emotional intelligence;
● Team player – willingness to pitch in across the organization;
● High level of organization and tech savvy;
About Working at Encore
Our team is our single greatest asset and that of which we are most proud. Encore team members share a single mission – building the clean energy economy of the future in a responsible manner that creates high quality jobs and enhances the communities in which our projects operate.
We invest heavily in our team – here are a few of the benefits we offer:
● Complete, high quality medical benefits that include flex time options for child and family care and extended parental leave
● Work-life balance with flexible work schedules (remote work opportunities) and attractive paid-time off policy
● 13 paid holidays (includes 2 floating holidays of employee’s choice)
● One paid volunteer day each fiscal quarter
● 401k profit sharing
● Continuing education and tuition assistance
Encore believes that an equitable and inclusive work environment, and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We are not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We are looking for candidates who can expand our culture, challenge business as usual, and bring their whole, authentic selves to work. We strive to provide those candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
Encore provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Encore complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which Encore has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please send resume to email@example.com