Director of Marketing and E-Commerce | Full Time
Location: Exchange Street, Middlebury, VT, USA
Thanks for your interest in this role with Bee’s Wrap!
For a complete job description, please click here. Applications will be reviewed by our recruitment partner, Beth Gilpin Consulting. You may also request an exploratory conversation with Beth prior to submitting your resume and cover letter.
ABOUT BEE’S WRAP:
Founded in 2012, Bee’s Wrap is a quickly growing company that produces and distributes a sustainable alternative to plastic wrap, made from beeswax and cloth. Bee’s Wrap is a place of productive and creative work, aiming to provide a place of employment that is engaging, supportive and open-minded. Bee’s Wrap is committed to using our business as a vehicle for social change and to bettering the lives of our customers, employees, community, and planet. We recently relocated our headquarters to a larger site in Middlebury, Vermont, where all manufacturing, distribution, customer service, and administration are based.
The Director will be Bee’s Wrap’s lead storyteller, responsible for both the strategic planning and tactical execution of our company’s marketing initiatives to support profitable and recurring retail sales and revenue growth through all marketing channels.
The Director is responsible for setting the strategic direction for the Bee’s Wrap marketing plan, collaborating with the founder and sales and marketing teams to develop programs that drive demand for our products. The marketing strategy will be focused on all channels including web, social, email, trade shows, distribution, and wholesale partners. The ideal candidate has a demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and entrepreneurial environment, balancing both strategic planning and tactical responsibilities. We’re looking for a self-starter who can brainstorm an idea, figure out the best and most efficient way to implement it, then jump in to help get it done.
All Bee’s Wrap employees are expected to carry out their responsibilities with diligence, integrity, transparency of communications, and in a collaborative and nurturing manner with direct reports, coworkers, customers, and vendors. Employees are also expected to have the resolve to uphold the goals, objectives and core principles of the company. Directors are expected to portray a positive, professional attitude and serve as a role model for all employees through the enthusiastic performance of all duties and doing whatever it takes to get the job done.
Working together with fellow team members, this position is primarily responsible for the following:
Marketing Oversight and Leadership:
- Maintain knowledge of key marketing trends, industry, and competitive activity.
- Plan and execute market research, and adjust marketing strategy to meet changing market and competitive conditions.
- Recruit and retain high performing team members.
- Effectively manage direct reports, providing strategic direction, support, development, and feedback to drive results.
- Build and oversee the team as the company grows, and collaborate effectively with internal and external partners to leverage and strengthen those relationships and resources.
- Manage the marketing budget effectively.
- Research and implement best practices in digital technologies to help Bee’s Wrap better understand and guide the customer’s journey from beginning to end, and work with outside contractors to ensure that systems and data evolve in a way that is aligned with the needs of the business.
- Collaborates closely with the president to improve forecasting and yield, enhance MROI, and assess new business opportunities.
Digital Marketing and E-commerce/Strategy:
- Collaboratively develop and implement strategies that grow Bee’s Wrap’s e-commerce customer base, sales, and margins, and that align with company mission, marketing, merchandising, and content across all non-digital channels.
- Develop strategies for lead generation, new customer acquisition, and sales via digital and direct marketing.
- Enhance CRM database to improve knowledge of customer preferences in brands and products.
- Develop long-range plans and identify the required technology and resources for e-commerce sales growth and customer acquisition.
- Work with distributor partners and wholesale accounts to identify and implement strategies to grow sales on their websites.
- Responsible for the integrity and functionality of all site content and engagement functionality on websites, digital marketing campaigns, social media and email marketing to drive site traffic and enhance customer lead data in CRM.
- Manage SEO and SEM.
- Identify the required site updates to improve site performance and drive sales/margin, and work with internal and external partners to implement necessary updates.
Channel Marketing, Brand Recognition, and Customer Feedback:
- Oversee and carry out day-to-day management and activation of Bee’s Wrap’s marketing channels including B2B, POS, trade shows, corporate partnerships, paid Search (including brand and non-brand ads), SEO, Display (including core display and paid social media on Facebook and Instagram) and Retargeting. Given increasing competition, the Director must be nimble, agile, and able to adjust quickly when the situation requires such action and/or reaction.
- Develop, test, measure, optimize and personalize messages and offers in order to drive Bee’s Wrap community involvement, increasing loyalty across the customer base. Increase retention by utilizing relevant, targeted communications, effective life-cycle management, and other CRM tactics (Email, Direct Mail, Social Media, Mobile App, Web Sites).
- Develop and implement pricing and promotion strategies to drive sales, site visits, transactions, order frequency etc. Create and distribute reports that analyze e-commerce performance and makes recommendations to improve.
- Lead the development and activation of a comprehensive marketing content strategy designed to drive awareness, consideration (interest), and a compelling customer experience that drives sales and engages customers.
- Lead Demand Generation Programs, including the development, execution, and optimization of multi-channel, including inbound and outbound, demand generation programs. Partner with the sales team to convert sales-ready qualified leads.
- Own weekly channel success tracking by evaluating key indicators such as the number of leads, number of opportunities, and opportunity stages.
Communications and Public Relations:
- Oversee public relations (PR) for Bee’s Wrap including identifying opportunities to feature the product in various mediums (tv, social, radio etc.) and building the public profile of Bee’s Wrap.
- Assist the President with strategic planning, development, and coordination of all marketing communications programs to promote Bee’s Wrap and further the company’s sales objectives.
- Build the regional reputation of Bee’s Wrap in Middlebury, VT and surrounding areas via select PR opportunities, event participation, speaking opportunities for Founder, local sponsorships, and engagement with Chamber of Commerce and other relevant area influencers.
- Lead and execute crisis communications strategy for Bee’s Wrap brand when relevant (drafting statements, deployment/response strategy).
Creative Design, Branding and Production:
- Oversee and execute a design and content strategy for all marketing efforts that reflect the company’s marketing strategy, brand building, and E-commerce goals.
- Develop value-add educational content and marketing tools to help engage and support the customer.
- Manage resources such as Creative, email, and web companies to deliver on target brand communications across all channels.
Please submit a cover letter and resume via email to our recruitment partner, Beth Gilpin Consulting, at firstname.lastname@example.org