Vermont Land Trust
Director of Information Technology | Full Time
Join the Vermont Land Trust, a national leader in land conservation, as Director of Information Technology. We invite applications from leaders who understand and appreciate the power of technology to unlock the potential of people.
Energized by our mission and this opportunity to transform VLT’s information systems in order to support the success of all staff and drive organizational impact. You are seeking to join a culture that is inclusive, fair, and flexible with people who love to learn, laugh, and deliver results. You are a proactive and proven problem-solver who manages complex projects, hits your deadlines, and enjoys working with people to advance a common goal.
As our new Director of Information Technology, you will:
- Develop and implement an IT strategy and multi-year plan encompassing people, process, and technology
- Guide and support staff throughout the organization in optimizing technical solutions and processes
- Lead the selection and implementation of major system upgrades (i.e., server, software, and hardware)
- Take ownership for workflows and technology across the organization, improving standards, structure, and management
- Introduce process management and project management practices and tools to improve information flow and organizational efficiency
- Collaborate with leadership to understand and support organizational strategy and technology’s role in supporting that.
We offer an annual salary range of $78,666 to $83,034 depending on experience, for this 40-hours-per-week position with excellent benefits and a collaborative work environment that values communication, innovation, learning and growth.
When we work towards the common good of land and people, both thrive. At the Vermont Land Trust, we advance this belief through conservation, stewardship and a vision for thriving farms, forests, natural areas and community places. Since 1977, we have protected over 600,000 acres or 11% of the private land in Vermont—making VLT one of the largest, most impactful land trusts in the nation. We do this with a staff of 43, an annual operating budget of $5M, and a growing membership base of over 3,000.
We strive to create a culture where all belong. Service, trust, communication, fairness, community, and learning are expressed every day in large and small ways. Whether we’re examining assumptions, accommodating flexible schedules, or collaborating across teams, we are a community that values one another and takes time to grow together.
The Vermont Land Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We invite people of all backgrounds and lived experiences to apply for our jobs.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the position is open until filled. To apply, send a cover letter and your resume by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.