Snelling Center for Government
Director of Events and Operations | Full Time
An exciting opportunity to help shape the future of Vermont and meet dozens of Vermont’s current and future leaders. The Snelling Center for Government is a non-partisan, non-profit organization that seeks to foster responsible and ethical civic leadership, encourage public service by private citizens, and promote informed citizen participation in shaping public policy in Vermont. As the Director of Events & Operations, you will serve as the first point of contact for the organization and provide key operational support to each of our signature leadership programs as well as the organization as a whole. Each of our programs includes overnight sessions, and you should be prepared to spend session days and nights at locations throughout Vermont. Specific responsibilities include:
- Coordinating logistics for each of our signature leadership programs, working closely with venues, program directors, faculty and participants
- Managing day-to-day finances using Quickbooks: AP, AR, budgeting, cash flow, monthly statements, reporting
- Assisting with mailings and other communications and fundraising efforts: press releases, newsletter articles, social media, etc.
- Participating in the recruitment, interview and selection process for our programs
- Supporting the Board of Directors, including scheduling meetings and taking meeting minutes
Flexible, hybrid work environment. Anticipated salary range of $45,000 – 55,000. Please reach out with interest (please include a resume and cover letter) or questions to email@example.com.