Planned Parenthood of Northern New England
Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion and Organizational Culture | Full Time
Location: Colchester, VT, USA
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England (PPNNE) is seeking candidates for a full time, 37.5 hours/ week Director of Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) and Organizational Culture. This position has flexibility to be a hybrid remote-onsite position based out of the states of Maine, New Hampshire, Massachusetts or Vermont, however applicants outside of these states would have to relocate to ME, NH, MA or VT to be considered for hire in to this role. PPNNE believes discrimination, racism & health inequity are public health crises and is committed to advancing diversity, equity & inclusion within the organization and our communities. This role will lead the effort to identify, examine and transform organizational systems that serve as barriers to inclusion and equity for staff and patients.
- Provides leadership and consultation at all levels of the organization to overcome barriers and identify and implement policies that advance the work and meet goals.
- Organizes and leads BIPOC, LGBTQIA+, accessibility, and other affinity spaces to identify ways in which to make PPNNE more inclusive.
- Lead PPNNE’s efforts to provide a holistic employee experience that is fair and equitable across the organization based on an understanding of potential barriers, intersectionality, and the incorporation of religious and socioeconomic factors into the conversation
- Partner with HR, Corporate Communications, and Affinity Groups to strategize, create and implement programs and initiatives that support our Diversity mission
- Staff and support PPNNE DEI Committee
- Facilitate employee training and engagement on diversity, equity and inclusion including understanding conflict, implicit bias and PPNNE workplace values
- Collaborate with Public Affairs to support marginalized communities negatively impacted by policy changes
- Partner with HR to implement strategies to attract, hire and retain a dynamic and diverse workforce (e.g. recruitment, onboarding, performance management, DEI training, talent retention strategies)
- Partner with HR to implement a new employee experience that promotes a culture of belonging, pride and trust
- Collaborate with External Affairs and other departments to make PPNNE’s internship program a professional development opportunity for diverse talent
- Collaborate with External Affairs to develop events, including cultural/heritage months, organizing keynote speakers, community dialogues, and support community
- Collaborate with Communications/CEO to regularly communicate internal and external D&I initiatives, events and progress
- With VP of HR, establish and lead an ombuds program
- Responsible for formulating and implementing effective, organization-wide policies to promote diversity, equity and inclusion and support a culture of acceptance, respect, fairness, transparency, and representation
- Stay current on DEI developments, opportunities, and metrics/trends outside PPNNE and incorporate that knowledge into PPNNE DEI practice
- Use assessment findings to inform leadership and management decision-making and fine-tune the direction PPNNE is taking to reach its goals
- Use data to benchmark current ethnicity and racial diversity across PPNNE and leverage data on a recurring basis to measure impact of DEI work within the organization
- 5 years experience working with people from diverse ethnic, linguistic, socioeconomic and cultural communities, as well as a demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion and the intersection with health and social justice
- Commitment to customer service and satisfaction
- Experience developing and delivering training opportunities
- Commitment to team orientation
- Flexibility, initiative, creative thinking and a willingness to learn
- Commitment to issues of reproductive freedom
- Ability to effectively deal with a wide variety of individuals
- Ability to handle multiple priorities
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The range of pay for this position starts at $87,000/yr with potential to increase based on experience. Access to benefits are available including health, dental, vision insurance, paid time off and retirement fund.
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting our website at https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne.
Planned Parenthood of Northern New England welcomes diversity & is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Interested applicants please submit a cover letter and resume by visiting our website at https://jobs.lever.co/ppnne/b9dea833-09b3-4e0e-97ef-325f792b1e92