Director of Creative and Digital Services | Full Time
Location: 20 Winooski Falls Way, 5th Floor Winooski, VT 05404
VEIC is looking for an experienced, passionate, and driven Director of Creative and Digital Services. This manager role will oversee the development and production of integrated creative solutions across all channels to meet VEIC’s business goals. In this manager role, VEIC’s Director of Creative and Digital Services will work collaboratively with the internal marketing team to develop brand and marketing solutions that deliver the highest standards of creativity, design, and user experience and positions VEIC as a leader in providing decarbonization solutions.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Oversees VEIC’s creative and digital function, which provides graphic design, copywriting, content development, editing & proofing, UX/UI and interface design, digital marketing, web development, and multi-media production services for print and digital mediums to VEIC and its brands.
- Brings a strong vision to all creative output and touchpoints, ensuring that we continue to push our brands forward and build equity and value around the work that we deliver to the market
- Collaborates with Marketing Managers and internal stakeholders to understand and translate business goals into creative ideas, concepts, and experiences that are innovative, measurable, and engaging, and to ensure that products and services are uniquely and accurately represented through creative.
- Oversees and directly contributes to the production, procurement, and editing of assets, including content, photography, illustration, video, etc.
- Manages creative components of agency, freelance, and vendor relationships to ensure consistent execution across all creative outputs.
- Effectively manages the financial and staffing resources of the creative and digital team. This includes scheduling and prioritization of projects, troubleshooting bottlenecks or gaps in resources, and identifying and securing additional internal and external resources as needed.
- Supervises VEIC’s in-house designer, content and social media manager, and web development team the development and implementation of creative projects. Supervisory responsibilities include: providing constructive feedback on an ongoing basis, setting work and professional development goals to maximize performance and quality, and providing mentoring and coaching to improve team effectiveness and growth opportunities.
- Maintains external professional relationships to assure the ongoing availability of specialized expertise, experienced freelancers, and reputable studios / agencies when their services are needed.
- Continues to stay connected to best-in-class creative and digital approaches, tools, and technologies, and brings that learning to the team to expand the effectiveness and reach of VEIC’s brands.
- Proactively teaches colleagues and partners about best-practices in content and creative development and establishes full accountability for adherence to brand standards.
- *This is a temporarily remote position, Burlington VT and District of Colombia residents strongly encouraged to apply*
- KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
- Strong personal commitment toVEIC’s mission and vision.
- A minimum of 7 years of proven experiencein marketing, branding or advertising, with at least with 5 years working in a creative capacity, and at least 3 years directly managing a creative team.
- A powerful portfolio that demonstrates brand management and content development, with a focus on originality, innovation, problem-solving, and creative leadership.
- Thorough understanding of the entire chain of production from concept to delivery for creative work across all mediums and media channels.
- Proven experience working in a high-volume, fast-paced environment—managing multiple projects simultaneously, setting priorities, effectively utilizing resources, identifying and addressing problems, meeting deadlines, and staying within budget, all while meeting project goals and objectives.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills; a team player, relationship builder, persuasive negotiator, and positive and innovative thinker.
- Experience with UX / UI and interface design and development of digital advertising campaigns.
- Experience with content development as well as writing for web with a strong emphasis on SEO.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook.)
- Experience working on both PC and MAC platforms is preferred.
- Experience working in creative software (Adobe Creative Suite) is preferred.
- Experience working in Google Analytics and digital content management tools a plus.
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
External – Limited travel may be required.
*Please include resume and cover letter with application*
- Company will provide adaptive devices as needed.
Deadline: May 27, 2021 12:00 am
All candidates should apply at veic.org please be sure to include resume and cover letter with application.