Population Media Center
Digital Advocacy and Mobilization Manager (Remote) | Full Time
See complete job description at: https://www.populationmedia.org/about-us/jobs/
Imagine using your digital marketing expertise, your content creation skills, and your voice to
create a more equitable and sustainable world. At Population Media Center (PMC), we know
stories change the world, and we are looking for another results-driven storyteller to join our
Marketing and Communications team. The Digital Advocacy and Mobilization Manager will be
responsible for digital acquisition strategies, digital content creation, and be an authority on
our issues and the competitive landscape. The successful candidate will be passionate about
our mission’s focus (rights of women and girls, population growth, and environmental
sustainability) and our approach to transformative storytelling. This individual must be able to
analyze data, think creatively about how to tell powerful stories, and be comfortable with
Who You Are:
- You are equal parts creative storyteller and data-driven scientist.
- You thrive when you are distilling information into a great story – whether that be in
writing, visuals, videos, or other formats.
- You love digital acquisition, strategically leveraging multiple channels to build engaged
- You are an adept and avid learner, polished writer, and proven self-starter.
- You are innately curious and always communicating to ensure team success.
- You are highly organized, and accustomed to multiple stakeholders and deadlines.
Key Responsibilities (include but are not limited to)
• Create a large portfolio of powerful written communications (blogs, op-eds, press
releases, case studies, white papers, etc.) to release via PMC channels, partners, and
• Keep PMC’s finger on the pulse of current events, opportunities, detractors, and
competitors in the issues inherent to PMC’s mission* (see areas requiring special
attention, extensive writing, below).
• Answer public inquiries about PMC and participate in pertinent conferences and
• Manage the development and implementation of digital grassroots advocacy strategies,
including strategic issue-based campaigns designed to attract key target audiences.
• Manage PMC social channels, engaging strategically in issues-focused conversations.
• Edit PMC websites, build landing pages, and design digital ads.
• Manage digital advertising, including Google Adwords grant and paid ads.
• Monitor SEO trends and opportunities, reviewing PMC content for SEO opportunities.
• Manage event marketing and post-event lead nurture in collaboration with Marketing
and Development teams.
• Build out campaigns, social, ads, landing pages in Hubspot, tagging and organizing
appropriately for efficiency and ongoing analysis.
• Maintain relationships, collaborating across PMC, with external experts and partners,
media outlets, and consultants.
• Analyze impact of your work across digital channels, leveraging data from Google
Analytics, Hubspot, Salesforce, Paid Search, and Social.
• Experience creating diverse content-types a big plus, including videos, data
visualizations, graphic design, photo manipulation, and/or illustration.
Inherent to PMC’s Mission, you must be passionate to learn and advocate about:
• Rights of women and girls, with a focus on social and cultural barriers/contributors to:
- Sexual and reproductive health and rights (SRHR)
- Gender equality, social status, and self-determination
- Population-related gender-disparities such as child marriage, gender-based
violence, and access to primary education
• Population, with a focus on trends in international total fertility rates and population
dynamics, including analysis of long-range population projections and the differing
assumptions competing models use
• Global ecological sustainability, with a focus on viable pathways to achieve global
sustainability, biophysical limits to growth, and appreciation of the natural world
• Social and behavioral change communications (SBCC) and social impact entertainment
(SIE) within entertainment-education, international development, and entertainment
Skills and Experience:
• 2+ years of digital experience in acquisition, issue-based campaigns, growth marketing,
issue advocacy, grassroots mobilization, or public relations
• 2+ years of content creation, with expertise in short- and long-form writing for different
channels, types of publications, and audiences
• Ability to read, analyze, and interpret data from various sources and technical journals
and offer creative marketing ideas
• Ability to speak publicly and respond to (inquiries, accolades, or complaints) donors,
partners, media, and the general public
• Experience managing social media channels
• Experience managing paid ads
• Knowledge of SEO and ability to write for search optimization
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop and InDesign (Adobe Premiere and Illustrator, a plus)
• Attention to detail
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• Familiarity with one or more of PMC’s focus areas (rights of women and girls,
population, environmental sustainability, entertainment-education)
• Graphic design, data visualization, and/or video production
• Campaign experience
• Knowledge of inbound marketing philosophy and Hubspot
• Knowledge of CMS, preferably WordPress
• Knowledge of Salesforce
• Spanish or French proficiency
Qualifications: Minimum Education
• BA/BS in communications, marketing, public relations, social sciences, public health,
environmental science, demography, or related field. Background in organizing for social
change and/or advocacy helpful.
Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com. Review of applications and interviewing to begin immediately and continue until the position has been filled. See complete job description at: https://www.populationmedia.org/about-us/jobs/