Development Manager | Full Time
Location: 180 Intervale Road, Burlington, VT, USA
Summary of Position:
The Intervale Center seeks a dynamic, mission-driven Development Manager to join our team in Burlington, Vermont. For over 30 years, the Intervale Center has led a community food revolution that sustains farms, land, and people. We have pioneered farm and food innovations in local food development, commercial composting, riparian restoration, farm business incubation, gleaning and food hub development.
The Development Manager is a member of the Center’s development and communications team, providing critical leadership in the areas of donor tracking and stewardship, appeals, and communications. They process donations, manage the donor database, oversee appeals, coordinate corporate volunteers, write grants and reports, support events and other development functions, and accomplish other important tasks as needed.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Process donations; maintain donor database (Little Green Light); produce acknowledgment letters. Manage donor filing system.
- Conduct prospect research and participate in donor stewardship.
- Oversee and lead the creation and execution of all organizational fundraising campaigns and appeals.
- Support the grants and business partnership functions through writing, submitting, and proofreading, and providing other support as needed.
- Manage corporate volunteerism.
- Coordinate donor visits. Support scheduling and follow-up with major donors.
- Reconcile fundraising income and expenses with the finance office and support the annual audit.
- Provide high level support for events, including Summervale, Wintervale, Midsummer’s Feast, and business-specific events, such as benefit nights, tap takeovers, cooking classes, and bike demos. Support day-of event execution as needed.
- Work with Marketing Manager to create and deploy beautiful and effective communications. Support execution of communications strategy and the Impact Report.
- Participate in the development and monitoring of the strategic plan and long-term development planning as well as anti-racism work.
- Minimum four years’ experience working in development, marketing, or communications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, public speaking, and computer skills, including database management. Experience with Little Green Light (or comparable nonprofit fundraising platform) required.
- Strong time management skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Demonstrated experience as a fundraiser through written and verbal communications.
- A passion for community food systems, thoughtfulness, a sense of humor, and a desire to grow into a long-term role as a key Development staff person for the organization.
Intervale Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity of experience, background, and perspective to enrich our work. Applications by members of all underrepresented groups are encouraged. Open to considering applicants with unique professional experience that may differ from the above qualifications but meet the demands of the position.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to email@example.com by March 10, 2023. Compensation is $26.00 per hour with an excellent benefits package (health, dental, vision & life insurance, 401(k) with match), CTO, sick time, and other limited wellness benefits. This is a hybrid position based in Burlington, Vermont with some remote work possible.
Deadline: March 10, 2023 12:00 am
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 10, 2023.