Vermont Works for Women
DEVELOPMENT/GRANTS COORDINATOR | Full Time
Location: 32A Malletts Bay Ave, Winooski, VT 05404
Position Summary: The Development/Grants Coordinator assists the Development and Communications Team in the execution of the organization’s annual fundraising and marketing plans. This position oversees database management for the organization (Little Green Light). Responsibilities include a variety of development functions including gift entry and acknowledgment, reporting, analysis, and reconciliation. This position is also responsible for tracking VWW grant activity, ensuring proposal and reporting deadlines are communicated in a timely way, preparing proposals and reports as assigned by the Director of Development, developing and maintaining standardized materials used in proposals and reporting, and providing data to report program outcomes. The position supports research for new grant opportunities.
- Organizes and monitors annual calendar of grant proposal submissions and reports.
- Optimizes system to support the grant administration process, including annual review of grant deadlines and maintenance of supporting documents that can be utilized in grant reports.
- Develops and writes grant proposals and reports, in collaboration with program staff, for timely submission.
- Conducts regular research and identifies new opportunities that align with VWW programs and mission.
- Keeps relevant staff informed of pending deadlines and proposal/reporting needs to ensure timely preparation and submission of grants and reports
- Keeps supporting materials up-to-date, including financials, boilerplates and budget plans
- Monitors paperwork and reporting requirements for grant-funded programs.
- Administers the CRM fundraising database, Little Green Light, including design, quality control (accuracy), data entry, developing queries and reports, exporting mailing lists
- Responsible for all gift entry, acknowledgement, and reconciliation
- Coordinates and implements direct mail & annual appeals programs with marketing team
- Utilizes data to assess the efficacy of development activities and to identify donors who have potential to increase giving
- Develops and documents systems for consistent implementation of donor-record procedures
- Identifies new sources of income from individual donors, business donors, corporate sponsorships, and funders
ORGANIZATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES (10%)
- Supports the VWW Board of Directors through timely preparation of board meeting packets and serving as a first point of contact for board members
- Supports administrative and program staff in communicating a consistent external message that is tied to fundraising objectives
- Provides support to marketing functions, as assigned
- Assists with fundraising and donor cultivation events
- Attends regular internal VWW staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Education & experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience in fundraising, with specific experience in database management and grant writing.
- Required to be proficient in using Donor Management Software, and fundraising databases, Microsoft Office, MS Word, Excel, Outlook software; computer savvy.
- Demonstrated understanding of best practices in database management and standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Comfortable building relationships with supporters and friends of the organization, in-person, via email, and on the phone.
Work is typically performed in an office setting, school setting, or outdoors with occasional walking, standing, and lifting with other moderate physical activities. Long periods of sitting may be required. Periodic meetings and errands are part of the job and require a reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license.
Email resume and cover letter addressed to Maisie Howard to Jobs@vtworksforwomen.org.