Southern Vermont Arts Center
Development and Administrative Coordinator | Full Time
Location: Manchester, VT, USA
Southern Vermont Arts Center (SVAC) is seeking a highly organized, energetic, and technologically savvy candidate to fill the newly created position of Development and Administrative Coordinator. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, professional, and capable of managing the workload related to the SVAC’s fundraising efforts and associated administrative tasks.
Development and Administrative Coordinator is a position with both inward- and outward-facing responsibilities requiring interaction with a wide array of stakeholders.
The Development and Administrative Coordinator will advance the development efforts of SVAC by providing support in the development department, primarily through gift processing, acknowledgements, and maintaining accurate and complete records in the constituent management database as well as providing administrative support and internal communication in support of the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and organization’s trustees and committees. Duties will primarily include:
- Serve as key facilitator of database conversion
- Gift Processing and acknowledgements
- Database management
- Trustee/Committee minutes, agendas, and calendars
- Internal communication/administrative support
- Serve as key facilitator in database/ticketing software conversion ensuring accurate data, constituent records, templates for transactions
- Process all monetary gifts (donations, memberships, payments) through software and coordinate appropriate acknowledgements
- Coordinate solicitations and mailings for annual appeal, memberships, fundraising events, and other campaigns
- Produce weekly/monthly donation/membership reports
- Coordinate and produce content for Annual Report
- Work with internal staff to capture transactional information for longer-term stewardship
- Collaborate with key staff on fundraising events
Support the Executive Director and Board of Trustees by maintaining calendars, meeting planning, scheduling, preparation, coordinating minutes, agendas, and other correspondence. Assist Executive Director with correspondence as needed.
Provide administrative support through maintenance of office supplies, equipment and phone system, coordinating shipping and receiving, and other administrative duties as needed.
Experience in an administrative/office role; experience with data entry in a constituent database; experience with donor management software, especially Raiser’s Edge/Altru, or Tessitura is a plus. Ability to maintain confidentiality regarding donor information; success working in a team environment; strong attention to detail, accuracy, ability to be a self-starter and to multi-task; and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint preferred.
- Full-time, salaried (exempt)
- Tuesday – Saturday schedule with flexibility for evening events
Ability to work in an open office environment subject to frequent interruptions. Requires a great deal of interaction with the public in person and via other means of communication. Involves some outdoor work, including walking from various buildings around campus. Must be available for occasional travel. Must be able to work evenings, weekends, and some holidays.
Must be able to lift and carry file boxes and other awkward items weighing up to 25 lbs, including up and down stairs. Requires intermittent standing, walking, sitting, squatting, stretching, and bending throughout the workday. Must be able to see and hear, or use prosthetics that will enable these senses to function adequately to assure that the requirements of this position can be fully met.
SVAC is an equal opportunity employer and considers all candidates for employment regardless of race, ethnicity, sex, age, gender identification, national origin, creed, disability, marital status, sexual orientation or political affiliation.
Email cover letter and resume to: Anne Corso, Executive Director, email@example.com