Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Desktop Engineer | Full Time
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Desktop Engineer to join our Business Technology team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy
Desktop Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide first and second-level software and hardware technical support to all company managed Virtual and Physical Desktops.
- Involvement in client installations, day to day asset management, vendor warranty repairs, and participation in projects to meet local and company-wide initiatives.
Desktop Engineer Qualifications:
- BS/BA in an IT related discipline or equivalent work experience required
- 2-6 years hands-on experience with direct customer support in a technical environment.
- Experience installing Windows Operating Systems (latest windows OS).
- Skilled in MS 365 and their usage.
- Experience with the Microsoft Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO, NTFS permissions.
- Experience with Endpoint Patching.
- Knowledge of imaging systems, MDT preferred.
- Practical understanding of networking concepts such as IP addressing, client VPN, and Wi-Fi.
- Server OS experience is a plus.
Desktop Engineer Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!