Green Mountain Transit
Demand Response Program Manager | Full Time
Category: Community Services
Location: 101 Queen City Park Road, Burlington, VT, USA
Description and Essential Functions
Responsible for the management of the three programs (Paratransit, Non-Emergency Medical Transportation [NEMT], and Elderly & Disabled [E&D] programs) including, but not limited to, aiding in the management of the volunteer driver program, in accordance with the NEMT contract with the Vermont Department of Health Access (DVHA):
- Manages all aspects of assigned staff supervision by assisting in recruiting, selecting, orienting, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees
- Supervises the Customer Service Representatives when Call Center Supervisor/Lead is absent
- Supervises Broker Services staff
- Manages the billing and data analysis related to the related programs, including submitting Medicaid billing
- Ensures compliance with the rules and regulations of the NEMT program in conjunction with the Broker Services Management team
- Provides guidance on Medicaid policies and communicates to staff and stakeholders as necessary
- Provides regular and consistent communication with Vermont Public Transportation Association (VPTA)
- Assists with the procurement and management of GMT’s ADA/paratransit contract
- Provides Medicaid reporting in conjunction with staff, as defined by the NEMT contract to meet the daily, weekly, and quarterly reporting requirements
- Ensures correct reimbursement of volunteer trips
- Evaluates the efficiency of the related programs and makes recommendations regarding the implementation
- Attends external meetings as needed
- Supports the Finance department as needed
- Performs other duties as assigned
A combination of education and/or experience that provides the required knowledge, skills, and abilities to perform the essential functions of the position. Additional experience, as outlined below, may be substituted for the required education on a year-for-year basis.
Education and/or Experience: Thorough knowledge or the ability to obtain thorough knowledge of the NEMT contract, Medicaid rules regarding Broker Services, and the ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality is required. An Associate’s degree in Accounting or a related field and a minimum of three (3) years experience in managing billing processes is preferred. Experience may be substituted for education.
Essential Job Skills and Abilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Essential duties are performed with or without reasonable accommodations.
Must be proficient in or have the ability to become proficient in RouteMatch Paratransit software, Microsoft Office Suite, and Google Mail. Ability to work and communicate effectively with a diverse population; work effectively in an environment with multiple competing priorities; and exercise good judgement as situations arise are required.
- Wage: $55,000 to $65,000 based on experience
- Time: 8.67 hours of paid time off accrued per pay period; equivalent to 5+ weeks off.
- Health: 92.5% paid health care coverage by GMT including medical, dental, vision, and prescription. 100% paid premiums for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability by GMT.
- Savings: GMT offers 457 Retirement Plans. After one year, employees who contribute of 3% will be matched by GMT at 5% and employees who contribute 5% will be matched by GMT at 7%.
- Wellness: Discounted membership to The Edge Sports & Fitness Centers.
- Dog Friendly: Administrative staff are welcome to bring their dogs to work.
- Education: Tuition reimbursement opportunities for courses or degree-related programs for administrative staff.
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
GMT is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. GMT believes that an inclusive and diverse workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill the agency’s mission.GMT is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, crime victim status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status, or genetic information in employment or the provision of services. In addition to federal law requirements, GMT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply using this link: https://greenmountaintransit.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2qltl6f4tgh