Green Mountain Club
Database Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 4711 Waterbury Stowe Road, Waterbury Center, VT, USA
Supervisor: Director of Development
Job Summary: Serves as a key member of the Membership and Development Team providing critical administrative and data support functions. Helps develop and implement, monitor, and manage a comprehensive membership and fundraising database environment for the Green Mountain Club. Provides support for other Membership and Development initiatives, including fundraising strategy, event planning, and member communications. Serves as the primary point of contact for membership inquiries.
- At least 2 years of experience managing a fundraising database, ideally Raiser’s Edge.
- Strong personal and professional ethics, and respect for confidentiality of donor information.
- Commitment to data accuracy and ability to meet strict deadlines.
- Must be able to communicate and work well with GMC members, staff, and volunteers.
- Demonstrates ability to be a positive, flexible, and supportive team player.
- Supports the mission of the Green Mountain Club.
- Manage the constituent database that includes membership, development, and volunteer components.
- Process all donations and memberships (online and paper), sending out appropriate cards and letters, and manage updates and changes to member and donor information. Process donations, including matching gifts, letters, and online donations.
- Manage membership renewal process, which involves managing GMC’s office volunteers that prepare the mailings.
- Oversee duplicate records management, import/export operations, and complimentary memberships.
- Manage upgrades and conversions of Raiser’s Edge software. Identify data integrity issues, troubleshoot, resolve database issues, and relate automated ways to process data and provide technical support to staff. This involves creating a system of redundancy to train other staff for key database functions, such as processing donations and memberships.
- Be the point of contact for member requests that includes reports, labels, data, and information as requested from various staff and volunteers.
- Work on development and membership appeals including collaborating with staff on mailing list development and appeal targeting. Manage process for thanking donors including providing data and material support to staff and volunteers.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of membership events, including annual meeting and the volunteer appreciation picnic. This includes registration, event logistics, and additional support where needed.
Participate in Membership and Development Committee meetings and Board Meetings.
- Prepare accounting reconciliation reports for Director of Finance and Section Officers, including monthly section membership reports.
- Participate in staff trainings and retreats; assist in other duties as assigned.
Salary Range: $35,000-$40,000
Submit online application via: https://www.greenmountainclub.org/about/employment-opportunities/