Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Data Architect | Full Time
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Data Architect to join our Data Engineering team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy.
REMOTE WORK: This role can work fully remote. For employees in Vermont, Blue Cross has transitioned to a hybrid workplace where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office work two days per week in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
Data Architect Responsibilities:
- Work as part of a distributed team within IT to help create, enrich and move data throughout the Enterprise.
- Help improve consistency, quality, security, and delivery of the data.
- Create data flows to optimize cost management in a hybrid cloud environment.
- Create and assess architectural models and supervise migrations across on-prem, Iaas, Paas and Saas systems.
Data Architect Qualifications:
- BS/BA in an IT related discipline or equivalent work experience required.
- 10+ years of experience in business and IT, preferably in a healthcare environment
- 3+ years of architecture practice experience
- Familiarity of system concepts and tools within an enterprise architecture framework that includes data lakes and storage patterns, etc.
- Persuasive in influencing strategic architecture direction, framing reference architectures, specifying policies and standards, drive consensus on target state architectures, and influence roadmaps
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proven analysis and critical thinking skills
Data Architect Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!