Customer Support Specialist | Full Time
Location: 20 Winooski Falls Way, 5th Floor
Performs work as a contact center representative assisting internal and external customers in a collaborative, professional office environment. Answers inbound calls and makes outbound calls to an audience including the public, VEIC staff and affiliates, regulatory and utility partners, vendors, trade allies and contractors. Provides expert consultation on how best to reduce energy use and carbon emissions by applying knowledge and understanding of efficiency and conservation practices in the fields of electricity, heating and process fuels, transportation and renewables. Directs residential and commercial customers to related federal, state, municipal, public, private and non-profit programs and services. Manages program information and customer inquiries in multiple states and jurisdictions. Communicates and presents information clearly, persuasively and effectively in-person and through phone, email, text, chat, and videoconference. Completes short-term goals while remaining focused on long-term objectives. Works with multiple technical applications and databases. Learns, understands and implements new procedures and messaging quickly. Solves challenging problems while working under deadlines. Adjusts to changing priorities easily without diminishing customer value. Contributes regularly to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable and stimulating work environment.
- Performs duties as energy consultant to incoming callers via all incoming VEIC telephone lines and email queues.
- Works independently and as a team player to maximize use of time managing general workflow, call volume and assigned tasks.
- Provides electrical, heating and process fuel, transportation and renewable guidance/ information to residential and business customers, verbally and/or in writing.
- Qualifies and manages incoming commercial and residential customer inquiries, utilizes energy savings analysis tools and makes recommendations on how to proceed with energy saving opportunities via the most appropriate technology or financing option.
- Responsible for learning, applying and staying up-to-date on a large body of technical knowledge relating to energy efficiency, lighting systems, motors, HVAC, refrigeration, unregulated fuels, weatherization processes, new construction and renewable energy options.
- Makes outbound customer calls related to mailings, email marketing, new business development and other customer follow-up on behalf of all VEIC Divisions and/or contracts as assigned.
- Enters appropriate data into the company’s technical and customer databases, tracks and records nature of incoming calls and emails on a daily basis.
- Ensures inquiries requiring follow-up are well-researched, documented and referred for response according to departmental standards.
- Assists with Customer Communications process handling follow-up, resolution and reporting of complaints and feedback.
- Provides customer education and initiates processes relative to meter loan services and is responsible for meter loan follow-up and consultation as required.
- Works cooperatively with utility partners to enhance working relationships and provide best-in-class service to ratepayers.
- Understands and effectively services customers calling for Residential and Commercial Energy Code assistance.
- Works with commercial and residential customers to process rebate/incentive applications and prescriptive forms.
- Offers thoughtful analysis and makes recommendations as a team member to improve processes relative to any and all customer service functions.
- Participates in on-going training internally and externally as required
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Associate’s degree in a relevant field, plus three years of customer support experience, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills have been acquired.
- Previous experience in a Contact Center with demonstrated achievement in phone sales delivering exceptional service in ways that are consistent with company mission.
- Sound understanding of and ability to present and apply technical or industry-specific terminology in all matters pertaining to energy, energy efficiency, electricity, heating and process fuels, transportation and renewables.
- Must have or obtain an accredited industry certification within one year of employment. Additional certifications are desired but not required.
- High degree of interest and enjoyment interacting with people and supporting their information needs and requirements.
- Ability to explain information effectively to a diverse customer base and interact in a positive and effective manner with internal staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including active listening skills, verbal communication skills in person and over the phone, excellent writing skills, and ability to maintain a positive demeanor.
- Demonstrated ability to be punctual, organized, detail-oriented, accurate, and able to handle multiple tasks and competing priorities concurrently and independently.
- Experienced in data entry and retrieval of information from databases. Proficient with word processing, spreadsheets, and database software.
- Proven problem-solving and decision-making skills, ability to take personal initiative. Ability to use sound judgment when the unexpected arises and to resolve customer issues quickly and effectively.
- Ability to process and relay new information quickly and accurately.
- Demonstrated experience working in a collaborative team environment as a reliable, accountable, honest and focused contributor.
Deadline: June 15, 2021 12:00 am