Customer Support Specialist | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
VEIC is looking for a Customer Support Specialist to join our team! We offer competitive compensation and career advancement opportunities.
The Customer Support Specialist performs work as a contact center representative assisting internal and external customers in a collaborative, professional office environment. Some responsibilities include:
- Answers inbound calls and makes outbound calls to an audience including the general public, VEIC staff and affiliates, regulatory and utility partners, vendors, trade allies and contractors.
- Provides expert consultation on how best to reduce energy use and carbon emissions by applying knowledge and understanding of efficiency and conservation practices in the fields of electricity, heating and process fuels, transportation and renewables.
- Directs residential and commercial customers to related federal, state, municipal, public, private and non-profit programs and services.
- Manages program information and customer inquiries in multiple states and jurisdictions.
- Communicates and presents information clearly, persuasively and effectively in-person and through phone, email, text, chat, and videoconference.
- Completes short-term goals while remaining focused on long-term objectives.
- Works with multiple technical applications and databases.
- Learns, understands and implements new procedures and messaging quickly.
- Solves challenging problems while working under deadlines.
- Adjusts to changing priorities easily without diminishing customer value.
- Contributes regularly to a mission-driven, creative, enjoyable and stimulating work environment.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: July 26, 2021 12:00 am
Go to www.veic.org/careers to learn more and apply.