Customer Support Manager | Full Time
Category: Renewable Energy
Location: Waterbury, VT, USA
SunCommon is a market-leading, renewable energy company and Benefit Corporation that is fueled by the belief that everyone has the right to a healthy environment and brighter future. We are tearing down the barriers that have made renewable energy inaccessible with the goal of repowering our communities one home, school and business at a time.
We are seeking an experienced Customer Support Manager with a proven track record of successful program development to join our inspired team in Waterbury, VT. As the Customer Support Manager, you will be responsible for leading a service and sales oriented customer support program that delivers the ultimate customer experience.
Why work with us:
- Competitive salary
- FULLY PAID medical and dental premiums for you AND your family
- 3 weeks’ PTO for 1st year and 4 weeks for year 2+
- 401k with company match up to 4%, and much more!
What you’ll do as the Customer Support Manager:
- Customer Service & Satisfaction. Handle all customer situations with grace, compassion and an eye toward business sustainability. Identify areas where customer expectations can be clarified and tools to make this a reality. Develop tools to track and improve customer experience. Increase referrals and positive digital reviews.
- Service Sales Program Development. The customers we help are some of our most ardent and positive supporters, and they can be eager to add new products and services. We see a big opportunity in growing this portion of our business.
- Sales/Marketing Team Leadership. Partnership with Marketing and Sales leadership is critical to providing a cohesive customer experience and growing our service business. In addition to Sales/Marketing Team Leadership, participate in weekly Operations Leadership team meetings.
- Tracking and Analysis. Develop systems that provide for effective tracking and staff accountability in achieving goals.
- Revenue tracking, budgeting and pricing.
- Collaboration Across Teams, including O&M, Designers, Installation Coordinators, Accounting, Marketing, Sales, Warehouse, Procurement and Installers.
- Staff Development. Facilitate regular 1-1 and team meetings to provide group training and individual growth. Hire new staff as the team grows and evolves.
- Support SunCommon’s Culture. Actively contribute to a positive, enthusiastic, and adaptable team environment.
What’s required of you:
- 2-3 years of experience effectively managing customer service programs and/or call centers
- 4-year bachelor’s degree, or 5 years’ related business experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills
- Sales experience. Ability to create and drive new service offerings and revenue generating programs
- Strong and professional communication skills
- Proficiency in using IT hardware (iPhone, Mac), and software (MSOffice, Salesforce/CRM, and file management)
- Technical knowledge of solar, an understanding of net-metering rules and utility specifics is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated commitment to social change
Apply now by submitting a resume and cover letter.
HOW WE WORK
We feel a huge responsibility to succeed, to honor our triple bottom line commitments to People (our employees and their families, our Customers and residents of the communities where we do business), Planet (our beloved environment and the broader globe, given climate change) and Profit (providing capital to grow, revenue to share among our employees, and a reasonable return to our investors). This is important work, and we have fun doing it. Innovation is fun stuff!
Check out our Careers page to learn more about what it’s like to work with us: https://suncommon.com/work-at-suncommon/
SunCommon is an equal opportunity employer. We strongly encourage applications from women, people of color, ethnic minorities, LGBTQ, Spanish speaking individuals, and persons with disabilities.
Apply by visiting the Careers page of our website at www.suncommon.com/work-at-suncommon/
Complete applications will include a resume and cover letter.