Green Mountain Transit
Customer Service Representative | Full Time
Category: Community Services
Location: 101 Queen City Park Road, Burlington, VT, USA
Description and Essential Functions
Responsible for answering phone calls and booking rides in accordance to demand response programs:
- Supports Brokered Services Clients by answering phone calls and booking rides in accordance to demand response programs (i.e: Medicaid NEMT, 5310 Grant Program and general public demand response)
- Responds to inquiries from the general public
- Supports and assists the Broker Services Department staff as required
- Supports front office functions
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Position Shift: 7:30 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday
Education and/or Experience: High school diploma or equivalent and two (2) years of experience in customer service preferred.
Essential Job Skills and Abilities: Ability to work in a team and communicate effectively with a diverse population; remain calm in stressful situations; work effectively in an environment with multiple competing priorities. Ability to sit for long periods of time and work at a computer and answer frequent phone calls is required. Occasional lifting of up to 15 lbs., climbing stairs, and standing. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Wage: Starting at $16.75 per hour.
- Time: 8.67 hours of paid time off accrued per pay period; equivalent to 5+ weeks off.
- Health: 92.5% paid health care coverage by GMT including medical, dental, vision, and prescription. 100% paid premiums for Short-Term Disability and Long-Term Disability by GMT.
- Savings: GMT offers 457 Retirement Plans. After one year, employees who contribute of 3% will be matched by GMT at 5% and employees who contribute 5% will be matched by GMT at 7%.
- Wellness: Discounted membership to The Edge Sports & Fitness Centers.
- Dog Friendly: Administrative staff are welcome to bring their dogs to work.
- Education: Tuition reimbursement opportunities for courses or degree-related programs for administrative staff.
This job description is not intended to be a complete statement of the position; it is intended merely to be a guide to the general work to be performed.
GMT is committed to providing a workplace that includes people of diverse backgrounds and fully utilizes their talents to achieve its mission. GMT believes that an inclusive and diverse workplace culture enhances the performance of our organization and our ability to fulfill the agency’s mission.
GMT is an equal employment opportunities (EEO) employer to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to political or religious affiliation, race, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, crime victim status, veteran status, disability, HIV positive status, or genetic information in employment or the provision of services. In addition to federal law requirements, GMT complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
Apply using this link: https://greenmountaintransit.applicantstack.com/x/detail/a2qltl6512qv