Customer Engagement Manager | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
Location: Winooski, VT, USA
Customer Engagement Managers have a high level of business development or customer support experience. Primary responsibilities are to meet assigned energy efficiency or key performance targets by proactively engaging and managing relationships with customers and partners. Customer Engagement Managers work closely with peers and leadership to develop long-term strategic goals for the department that advance Efficiency Vermont’s mission and bring the voice of the customer into the decision-making process. This position also works cross-functionally in both internal and external-facing roles—both as lead or in a support role. This role is tasked with supporting customers and partners to manage energy use in a way that benefits the environment, stimulates the economy and lowers energy costs for Vermonters.
- Achieves energy savings, service, and partnership goals as measured against department and team metrics.
- Develops strategic relationships and becomes a trusted and valued resource for customers, communities and partner organizations.
- Identifies opportunities within customer and prospective customer base and collaborates with Energy Consultants and other VEIC and sub-contractor staff to ensure timely project completion.
- Develops subject matter expertise in one or more energy efficiency technology or customer segments to develop and implement initiatives that respond to specific customer or partner needs.
- Serves as the voice of the customer by collaborating with internal colleagues to ensure products and services offered by Efficiency Vermont address market needs.
- Extensive collaboration with internal colleagues including Energy Engineers (Consultants), Customer Support, Program Managers, Senior leaders and Regulatory Affairs staff.
- Seeks to understand the economic and business dynamics of customers and partners and collaborates with Efficiency Vermont leadership to advance broader organizational goals.
- Participates in Efficiency Vermont outreach events as necessary.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree in business or engineering, and three to five years’ experience utilizing a consultative customer management approach in a business to business energy or professional services field or a combination of education and experience in a related field that demonstrates comparable knowledge and skills.
- Business Energy Professional (BEP), Certified Energy Manager (CEM) or similar certification (or equivalent) strongly preferred.
- Strong financial, technical and business knowledge and skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the economic and business dynamics of assigned accounts.
- Demonstrated ability to obtain client commitment and bring projects to closure.
- Responsible for the complete ongoing satisfaction of all assigned accounts.
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and a polished demeanor.
- Conversant in business finance options and capable of clearly articulating the options.
- Strong interpersonal skills including effectiveness in productive communications.
- Proficiency with contact management, word processing, spreadsheet and database software.
- Ability to handle competing priorities and proven ability to be organized, detail-oriented and accurate.
- A valid Vermont driver’s license and compliance with the Motor Vehicle Safety guidelines outlined in VEIC’s personnel policies.
Internal – Work is normally performed in climate-controlled office environment, where exposure to conditions of extreme heat/cold, poor ventilation, fumes and gases is very limited. Noise level is moderate and includes sounds of normal office equipment (computers, telephones, etc.). No known environmental hazards are encountered in normal performance of job duties.
External – Intense travel requiring 75% of time on road and an average of 15,000 miles per year. Occasional overnight travel may be required. Work may require exposure to commercial and industrial work environments. Field outreach may require the use of a personal vehicle in addition to access and use of an EVT fleet vehicle.
Company will provide adaptive devices as needed.
Diversity & Inclusion statement:
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply please visit our careers page at VEIC – Careers