Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Corporate Paralegal | Full Time
Category: Legal Services
Location: 445 Industrial Lane
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Corporate Paralegal to join our Legal Services team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross is transitioning to hybrid workplace by July 2022, where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office will work two days per week in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
Corporate Paralegal Responsibilities:
- Create and maintain official corporate records.
- Draft the board of directors, and board committee meeting minutes for review and approval by General Counsel and Chief Executive Officer.
- Maintains files, supplies documents, and assists outside counsel in registration and continuation of federal service marks owned by the company and other matters as directed.
- Maintain and submit documentation required by the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.
- Prepares and maintains legal resource and research files.
- Prepares and maintains corporate policies and procedures.
- Responds to requests from staff regarding pertinent legal and corporate issues.
- As directed, communicate with attorneys, subscribers and representatives from state, local and federal agencies to answer questions and gather pertinent information.
Corporate Paralegal Qualifications:
- BS in Paralegal studies, or related BS/BA with certificate in paralegal studies required.
- Three to five years of experience as a paralegal in a corporate environment required.
- One to three years of experience in health care or health insurance desired.
Corporate Paralegal Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!