Controller | Full Time
LOCATION: Hybrid role (available to VT/NH residents)
REPORTING TO: CFO
Mamava is a women-owned, certified B Corporation that is headquartered in Burlington, VT with a manufacturing location in Springfield, VT. Empathetic to today’s culture of breastfeeding, we help women meet their breastfeeding goals by providing places to pump or breastfeed, a mobile app, and a network of community support, and valuable content.
Mamava Manufacturing produces the company’s product line of Lactation Pods which are packaged for assembly at the customer’s location. Industries served include Military + Government, Healthcare, Education, Office Spaces, Public Venues, Manufacturing and Distribution facilities.
The Controller reports to the CFO and contributes to the overall success of the organization by effectively managing all accounting operations. The Controller is responsible for owning the day-to-day accounting responsibilities, maintaining an adequate system of accounting records, owning critical accounting/financial software used by the company, managing a comprehensive set of controls designed to mitigate risk, and reporting accurate company financial results that comply with generally accepted accounting principles.
This is a salaried, full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits that include medical, dental, vision, retirement plan and paid time off plus over ten days of holiday time off.
- Manages day-to-day accounting functions including invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, procurement tracking, and general ledger accounting
- Prepares and ensures accuracy of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements
- Manages internal ERP/MRP system and acts as in-house expert for accounting software
- Oversees external and internal accounting resources to help department scale with company growth
- Leads local, state, and federal tax compliance and reporting (sales tax and other)
- Establishes and implements short and long-term accounting department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures
- Develops, analyzes, documents, and implements internal controls
- Develops, maintains, and enhances accounting and finance policies, processes, and procedures for compliance
- Focuses on improving efficiency and effectiveness within the accounting function
- Manages the annual financial review/audit process in collaboration with independent CPA firm
- Together with the CFO prepares monthly/quarterly materials for Board of Directors and investors
- Partners with the CFO in fiscal year budgeting process to include the evaluation of the budget performance, and develops forecasts/reforecasts to provide future performance projections
- Manages required reporting to investors and creditors as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related area required
- 10+ years’ experience in accounting/financial management
- CPA and start up experience preferred
- Desire to work in entrepreneurial environment
- Experience with high growth manufacturing company required
- Management experience building and leading accounting teams
- General ledger and other accounting systems experience (i.e., QuickBooks)
- Advanced knowledge of ERP/MRP software platform required (i.e., Fishbowl or similar)
- Knowledge of long-term customer lease and service plan accounting
- Experience with implementing new company platforms/systems required to support company growth
Mamava is an equal opportunity employer and highly values diversity. Mamava and the Source and Recruit Company do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please visit this link to apply.