Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont
Contracting Counsel | Full Time
Category: Legal Services
Location: 445 Industrial Lane, Barre, VT, USA
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Vermont is looking for a Contracting Counsel to join our Provider Contracting team. Our company culture is built on an unwavering focus on our members and giving them the best service possible. We offer a balanced, flexible workplace, an onsite gym, fitness and wellness programs, a competitive salary and full benefits package including medical and dental insurance, vision, 401k, paid time off and holidays, tuition reimbursement and student loan repayment, dependent caregiver benefits, and resources to support your ongoing personal and professional growth and development.
COVID-19: Blue Cross is requiring all employees and covered consultants to be fully vaccinated (including booster if eligible) against COVID-19 and provide proof of vaccination as of January 1, 2022. Those with a medical condition or sincerely held religious belief preventing them from being vaccinated can request an exemption without fear of retaliation or an impact on job candidacy
REMOTE WORK: Blue Cross has transitioned to a hybrid workplace where employees within driving distance of our Berlin, VT office work two days per week in the office with flexibility to work remotely the rest of the week.
Contracting Counsel Responsibilities:
- Provider contracting legal activities including regulatory compliance, research and analysis of legal issues, creation of all pertinent legal documents, e.g. contracts and associated addenda.
- Advisement to all areas of the company on matters related to provider contracts, and interpretation and advisement on state and Federal laws and regulations relating to health insurance affecting providers.
- Develops and negotiates hospital and ancillary provider/facility reimbursement proposals and contracts, including integrated provider risk arrangements and value-based programs.
- Supports activities of the Payment Integrity program, particularly as it relates to reaching settlements with providers who have been audited.
Contracting Counsel Qualifications:
- This position requires a J.D. from an accredited law school and member of the Vermont bar
- 3-5 years’ experience practicing law in a law firm or corporate legal department, or an equivalent combination of health care or insurance expertise and law firm or corporate legal department experience.
Contracting Counsel Benefits:
- Health insurance (including vision)
- Dental coverage (free to employees)
- Wellness Program
- 401(k) with employer match + automatic employer contribution
- Life Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Combined time off (CTO) – 20 days per year + 9 paid holidays
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Student Loan Repayment
- Dependent Caregiver Benefits
*full job description attached to ADP posting
Visit us at www.bluecrossvt.org/careers to learn more and apply!