Content Writer | Full Time
About Us & Why We’re Hiring: Image Relay is a Digital Asset Management (DAM) SaaS solution serving over 400 customers and over 100,000 users across the globe. Our customers include some of the world’s most respected and recognized brands, including Ben & Jerry’s, Citrix, Cabot Creamery, Vail Resorts, Rossignol, O’Neill, Jacuzzi, the MacArthur Foundation, University of Texas, Seiko, and Seventh Generation among others.
Founded in 2002, Image Relay has been deemed a Leader in the DAM industry and consistently ranks #1 in Usability, ROI, and Best Results based on user reviews (G2, Capterra, etc.). These distinctions are supported by our 99% retention rate and hundreds of loyal customers, many of whom have been using our platform for the past 5-10+ years.
We have big plans for the future including expanding our product offerings, creating additional features, building out in-app capabilities, and more. In order to support these exciting plans, we need to add onto our team to help shape where Image Relay is going.
Image Relay is made up of a group of creative individuals who believe that a business has a responsibility to use itself as a force for good. This is a commitment we take seriously and strive to use as a compass for all aspects of our work. To help facilitate this, we built Image Relay’s core values and recommend that you read through them to see if who we are and how we operate feels like a fit for you.
We’re also a certified B Corporation. This third-party certification not only holds us all to a higher standard of how we do business, but it also connects us to a global network of businesses all striving to do better for our people, community, and planet. If you aren’t familiar with B Corporations, we invite you to take a look and let us know what you think.
As you’re reviewing the role requirements for this position, if you feel like you’re a great fit but you fall a little short of one or two of the requirements, we encourage you to apply anyways. None of us have it all or are a cookie cutter candidate on paper.
Who You’ll Be Working With:
Our company is made up of 25 people based across the country. Almost all of us work remotely, overlapping for at least four hours a day with EST during the 9-5 workday. You can be almost anywhere in the USA as long as you have a reliable internet connection. We’re creative thinkers, makers, and problem-solvers. We work hard and we also strive to have full and active lives outside of our work.
We’re looking for a storyteller to join our marketing team and help communicate all that Image Relay is and has to offer primarily through written articles. This is a unique opportunity to play a critical role in bringing a proven product to the next-level in a rapidly growing market.
The Content Writer is a naturally curious, resourceful researcher, experienced in blog writing and content marketing, and creative problem-solver— someone who is willing to take the initiative and pursue the information needed to help us tell the Image Relay story.
What You’ll Do:
- Serve as a brand storyteller by identifying new content opportunities to educate, delight and engage our audience through long and short form written content.
- Pitch, write, and produce regular weekly articles. You’ll have the autonomy to experiment with and grow new opportunities.
- Use Google Analytics and SEO tools to track the performance of your articles and use learnings to boost your numbers.
- Support as-needed written content for additional formats (video, podcasts, ebooks, etc).
Who You Are:
- You love telling stories.
- Previous experience writing marketing & sales content/copy for technology, and/or journalism experience with a portfolio of work that demonstrates consistently high-quality writing and/or research skills.
- Understand on-page SEO and are familiar with incorporating best practices into your writing.
- Possess curiosity, willingness to learn, and technical acumen.
- Comfortable taking ideas from concept to completion, meeting deadlines, communicating status, and follow-up.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to connect the dots organizationally.
- Ability to take direction, feedback, and guidance from management and provide frequent project updates to ensure alignment with team goals.
- 4-6 years prior experience in customer-facing marketing writing for technology, technical writing, or a consumer brand.
- Experience with long-form content such as executive thought leadership, case studies, whitepapers, blogs, brochures, and training and education materials
- Experience writing strategic sales copy tailored for various outlets like ad copy, sales decks, etc.
- A strategic thinker with the ability to work cross-functionally
- Willingness to collaborate with others and champion a strong team environment
- Ability to lead, manage and execute multiple projects in a forward-thinking environment
- Strong self-starter with a history of successful project management & execution
- Preference will be given to those with a writing portfolio and technical SaaS understanding/background.
- You can work from anywhere but you need to overlap for 4 hours with 9am-5pm US-Eastern time.
- Remote work environment (Office space is available in Burlington, Vermont if you are local and so inclined)
- 100% health insurance premium paid for you and family
- Dental and Vision coverage
- 401k employer match
- Participation in Image Relay’s Incentive Stock Option plan
- 15 days paid time off plus 11 paid company holidays
- 10 sick days paid time off
- 2 cultural paid days off
- 4 hours per month volunteer time off
- 12 weeks paid family leave
- Monthly stipend to cover broadband access
Image Relay is an equal opportunity employer
Image Relay is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Please submit resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the specific job title you’re applying for in the headline for consideration. Thank you!