Consultant – Energy Services | Full Time
Category: Consulting and/or Training
VEIC is a sustainable energy company on a mission to generate the energy solutions the world needs. For over 30 years VEIC has been working with governments, utilities, foundations, and businesses across North America to develop and deploy clean energy services that provide immediate and lasting change. With expertise in energy efficiency, building decarbonization, transportation electrification, and new approaches for a clean and flexible grid, VEIC brings innovative solutions to the market. VEIC is nationally recognized for developing pilots and programs that optimize energy use, reduce energy burdens for low-income customers, and advance new technologies. In addition to our full-service consulting business (Energy Services), VEIC administers three large-scale sustainable energy programs: Efficiency Vermont, Efficiency Smart, and the DC Sustainable Energy Utility (DCSEU).
VEIC is seeking a Consultant to support our growing portfolio of residential decarbonization and equity-focused projects.
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Climate change impacts all of us; however, we are impacted differently based on our identities and experiences. We all deserve a place at the table to make decisions about our collective future – we hope you’ll consider joining us as we work towards our vision for a healthy planet, thriving people, and energy justice.
Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
- Manages projects promoting cutting-edge energy projects on behalf of clients throughout the country and internationally. This may include:
- Managing on-going client relationships;
- Facilitating meetings of external working groups;
- Managing the work of other VEIC staff and/or subcontractors; and
- Tracking and management of project budgets.
- Designs, reviews, and/or critiques energy efficiency and renewable energy programs and policies.
- Conducts research on efficiency measures, programs and policies.
- Assists consulting business development, including sometimes leading proposal preparation.
- Occasionally represents VEIC and the Consulting Division at national and international forums.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission, vision, goals and values of VEIC.
- Bachelor’s degree plus five or more years of relevant professional experience, including managing projects & client relationships, or a similar combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills were acquired.
- Three or more years’ experience within the efficiency or renewable energy field(s) preferred.
- Excellent strategic thinking skills.
- Demonstrated creativity and innovation in approach to work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including effectiveness in persuasive communications.
- Excellent written and oral communication.
- Excellent analytical skills. Strong qualitative research skills preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to handle a variety of assignments simultaneously, address competing priorities, and meet deadlines.
- Experience designing and facilitating stakeholder discussions or workshops, with knowledge of how to support procedural equity through process design and implementation. Skills necessary to develop (and acquire funding for) new consulting projects.
- Knowledge of the characteristics of key energy-efficiency and/or renewable markets and measures.
- Experience supporting programs and engagement processes for multifamily affordable housing, low-income, disadvantaged, and/or hard to reach communities
- Experience with techniques of economic analysis.
- Proven ability to be organized, detail oriented and accurate.
- Proficiency with word processing and spreadsheet software.
Please apply on our website: https://careers-veic.icims.com/jobs/1403/consultant—energy-services/job