Construction Instructor | Full Time
Location: Barre, VT, USA
ReSOURCE is an innovative non-profit organization with the mission of waste reduction, job skill training and poverty relief. The YouthBuild Construction Instructor supports this mission by providing weatherization, construction and job readiness training to young men and women enrolled in the YouthBuild program. The YouthBuild Construction Instructor will ensure that YouthBuild partners learn key construction, weatherization and energy efficiency skills while contracting on and completing projects for mostly low income customers.
The YouthBuild Construction Instructor will report to the YouthBuild Program Manager and will work in collaboration with other YouthBuild staff to deliver an excellent training program to young men and women who do not have a high school diploma.
Goals of Position
- Help design and deliver a YouthBuild training program that both teaches youth weatherization and general carpentry skills and provides an essential service that will reduce the energy consumed in homes and the cost burden of home heating on low income families.
- Ensure YouthBuild partners graduate the program with an understanding of the fundamentals of weatherization, construction and customer service and an ability to use these skills in a variety of work settings.
- Earn income from construction and weatherization contracts to support YouthBuild program and cover all direct service costs.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Demonstrated supervisory and leadership experience working with youth.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
- Deconstruction, construction, or carpentry experience and excellent knowledge of tools, equipment, building techniques and project bidding. Weatherization experience desired.
- Valid driver’s license and access to personal vehicle for site visits and bidding.
Benefits include comprehensive health and dental cost share plans, retirement savings plan, EAP, employee discount and a generous time off package.
Deadline: August 1, 2022 12:00 am
Apply with resume AND cover letter (only complete applications will be accepted) to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications accepted until position is filled. Please specify your interest is in the YouthBuild Construction Instructor position. Save paper – electronic submissions only please!
ReSOURCE serves diverse populations throughout Vermont. As a workplace, ReSOURCE is strengthened by diverse perspectives. ReSOURCE seeks applicants who reflect the diversity within Vermont and who bring unique talents and strengths to ReSOURCE’s programs.