Compliance and Training Specialist | Full Time
Category: Energy Products/Services
Location: 85 Swift Street
ABOUT THIS POSITION:
The Compliance and Training Specialist plays an integral role within Vermont Gas Systems (VGS) to ensure the safe delivery of natural gas services to over 53,000 customers in Chittenden, Franklin, and Addison Counties. As part of the Safety & Compliance team, this individual contributes value in all aspects of compliance at VGS. They will develop and maintain a training program for operations employees that incorporates regulatory requirements, provides ongoing continuing education, supports employee progression to address succession planning, and ensures operational redundancy in key roles. They will also provide data analysis support for compliance-related inspections and support development of an asset management system that integrates compliance-related documentation. This individual is a pro at records management, has an eye for details, and can interact successfully with a diverse population of individuals.
WHAT ARE THE RESPONSIBILITIES OF THIS POSITION?
- Develops and maintains training programs for Operations employees that supplements federal pipeline Operator Qualification requirements and supports PSMS API 1173 framework. Coordinates with operations groups to identify training needs and develops training materials for online learning.
- Supports requirements of the VGS Operator Qualification Program(s) including coordinating and scheduling OQ training and testing, maintaining accurate database of training and certifications, and ensuring VGS compliance.
- Facilitates the onboarding process for new VGS employees and contractors, ensuring compliance with training, pipeline operator qualifications and drug & alcohol requirements. Maintains accurate records.
- Supports data management of compliance inspections and the operational teams that perform the inspections.
- Facilitates review, revision, and maintenance of VGS operational documents including VGS Operations & Maintenance Manual, Emergency Response Manual Facility Installation Standards, QAQC Manual, and Gas Quality Plan.
- Participates in regional trade association activities with a focus on training programs.
- Conducts/assists with trainings as needed.
- Conducts field procedure reviews and safety audits periodically.
- Participates in internal and external regulatory audits and coordinates timely response to information requests.
- Supports the Pipeline Safety Management System (PSMS) Manager with tasks as required within VGS PSMS framework.
- Maintains current knowledge of state and federal pipeline safety regulations, proposed rulemakings, interpretations and associated advisories and communicate proposed/new regulatory changes to internal customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
WHAT ARE THE REQUIRED SKILLS FOR THIS ROLE?
- Knowledgeable and comfortable with technology.
- Strong communication and writing as to allow efficient and effective interpretation and transfer of information.
- Preferred experience with training development, DOT regulatory knowledge, data analysis and data management. Familiarity with online training delivery software is a plus.
- Performing duties with a high level of accuracy particularly related to matters of compliance.
- Self-directed with excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment that requires flexibility and constant prioritization.
- Strong data analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to interpret Federal and State codes and regulations and determine how they impact operations.
- Ability to organize records and documentation to meet technical regulations.
- Proficient skills in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Word and PowerPoint.
Diversity & Inclusion Statement
We are committed to building a work community that is inclusive and represents a vibrant diversity of background, experience, perspective, and thought. Candidates across all markers of identity (age, race, gender, ability, communication style, etc.) are highly encouraged to apply.
Or visit our Career Page