Community Relations Coordinator | Full Time
Category: Agriculture Products/Services
Location: 49 Portland Street
Salvation Farms’ mission is to build increased resilience in Vermont’s food system through agricultural surplus management. Our programmatic work explores diverse opportunities to respond to Vermont’s farm surplus food in an effort to build food system security and regional food resilience. We run a gleaning program, serve as backbone support to the Vermont Gleaning Collective, and have operated a surplus crop food hub in tandem with job-readiness training for individuals with barriers to employment. Other aspects of our mission integrated into and existing outside of the programs mentioned above include technical assistance, creating resources for the gleaners and supply chain development, experiential education, community building, cross-sector collaboration, research, advocacy, dialogue facilitation, and state/regional/national engagement.
Salvation Farms is rooted in modeling collaborative management opportunities that make local use of Vermont’s farm surplus food. We are system focused. Our organization was first of its kind in the nation.
The Community Relations Coordinator fills a key role supporting Salvation Farms’ constituent management including donors and community partners. Primary responsibility of this position includes the use of constituent relations management software, constituent list management, and improving the organizations’ use of constituent relations management software. The Community Relations Coordinator fills a lead role in the engagement and oversight of administrative and fundraising volunteers. This position supports communications and development efforts, including activities related to Salvation Farms’ mailings, web-based presence, promotion efforts, and fundraising events. While supervised by the Executive Director, this staffer works closely with Salvation Farms’ team in areas related to constituent management, communications, and fundraising. A strong candidate strives for consistency and accuracy, is detail oriented and organized, independent yet collaborative, and enjoys working within a small, mission driven team.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities (include but not limited to)
- Manage and maintain constituent records e.g. donors, community partners
- Manage and maintain constituent databases, including Little Green Light, excel, Mailchimp, etc.
- Generate constituent lists and reports
- Maintain and improve documented constituent management processes
Communications & Development
- Generate monthly fundraising tactics results and donor analytics as needed
- Prepare financial and in-kind donor acknowledgement letters
- Manage paper and electronic mailings; newsletters, appeals, annual report, etc.
- Support and/or lead promotional efforts, i.e. tabling, press releases, ads, social media, etc.
- Aid the review, refinement, and implementation of annual development plan, calendar of activities, communication style guides
- Participate in Salvation Farms’ Fundraising Committee
- Support organizational-wide stakeholder mailings and evaluation processes as needed
- Support Salvation Farms-wide volunteer program, primarily through constituent management and promotional efforts
- General representation and promotion of Salvation Farms, its programs, and mission by attending meetings, conferences, and tabling opportunities as well as supporting and assisting with organization-wide fundraising efforts and events
- Other duties as assigned
- Experience in database management, specifically excel and Little Green Light
- High attention to detail
- Effective problem solver, creative, and collaborative
- Excellent verbal, written, and speaking skills
- Highly organized and skilled in time management
- Self-starter and ability to work independently and within a team while adhering to numerous deadlines
- Commitment to social and environmental justice, resource management, and Salvation Farms’ mission
Benefits & Work Environment
- Based at the Morrisville office with some remote work
- Some travel required as will be some nights and weekends
- Mileage is reimbursed at $ .40/mile for all approved work travel
- Paid sick-time, personal-time, and holidays
- Health insurance available (employer covers 75% of premium)
- Dental and Vision Insurance (Employer covers 100% of premium)
- Health Savings Account set-up with employer contribution
- Wellness Benefits (Coop membership, shared CSA, and wellness reimbursement)
- Access to training and professional development opportunities
Deadline: April 30, 2022 12:00 am
Send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org