Community Outreach Manager | Full Time
Location: 45 Farmhouse Sq, Brattleboro, VT 05301, USA
Retreat Farm, Ltd., a well-loved non-profit organization in Brattleboro, VT, pursues multiple strategies and programs to connect people with the land and with one another. The Farm’s 500+ acres of forest and farmlands, 10+ miles of trails, and historic farmstead are home to numerous recreation, arts, farming, and community gathering initiatives that collectively serve tens of thousands of visitors annually.
The Community Outreach Manager will be an integral part of outreach to and engagement of communities the Retreat Farm seeks to serve. They will be responsible for management of Retreat Farm’s volunteer and membership programs as well as support of communications such as development of social media and e-blast content. Reporting to the Managing Director of Communications & Finance, the Community Outreach Manager position is a full-time, non-exempt, hourly position based at the Retreat Farm farmhouse with potential for partial telework. Please note that this is not a remote position. Some evening and weekend hours will be required seasonally.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Volunteer Management (approximately 40%)
- Coordinates with Retreat Farm (“RF”) staff to determine needs that may be fulfilled by volunteer support
- Facilitates communication between volunteers and RF staff leading events or projects utilizing volunteer support
- Periodically assists RF staff requiring volunteer support with volunteer oversight; this is decided on a case-by-case basis
- Manages requests from new/potential volunteers
- Develops strategy and plans to recruit and engage new volunteers
- Stewards and cultivates relationships with existing volunteers, ensuring they remain and feel like highly valued members of the RF team
Membership and Gift Management (approximately 20%)
- Assist the Managing Director of Communications & Finance, Administrative Coordinator, and the Executive Director with reports on member data
- Create, turn around, and record donor acknowledgements in a timely manner
- Work with the Managing Director of Communications & Finance and Executive Director to develop member and donor appreciation and engagement strategies and carry out related plans
Communications Support (approximately 40%)
- Update website content with input from RF staff
- Co-create social media content and e-blasts with the Managing Director of Communications & Finance
- Answer the RF phone
- Respond to general inquiries in the Retreat Farm info email box
- Otherwise support the Managing Director of Communications & Finance with communications tasks as assigned
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered. This is an in-person gig as being on the land is part of our mission.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 – $50,000.00 per year
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
Deadline: February 20, 2023 12:00 am
Please apply via Indeed: https://www.indeed.com/job/community-outreach-manager-deb973351cd2cd75?_ga=2.80878996.2053572031.1674935427-93297601.1674687675
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter. Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.