Landmark Trust USA
Communications Specialist | Part Time
Location: 707 Kipling Road, Dummerston, VT 05301, USA
The Landmark Trust USA, a nonprofit organization based in Dummerston (VT), seeks an eager individual with experience creating and managing communications to join our growing team. The Landmark Trust preserves and restores historic properties through creative and sustainable uses for public enjoyment, education, and inspiration
The Communications Specialist will play an integral role in fostering and sustaining relationships with stakeholders, guests, and community partners. This person must have experience in social media management, including Facebook, Instagram, and other platforms; creating engaging content for the website; writing professional and engaging correspondence; assisting with fundraising and events, working collaboratively; and meeting deadlines.
This is a new, part-time position for the organization and a successful candidate will be up for the challenge and the opportunity to refine the details of this role. The Landmark Trust USA is growing and needs individuals who can maintain a steady presence as needs evolve. The current team works well together, enjoys each other’s company, and is looking forward to welcoming the newest member!
We appreciate the depth of talent and perspective that comes from a diverse team and encourage all individuals who have the following qualifications and are committed to our mission to apply.
A sample of some specific qualifications we need are:
- Experience editing, creating, designing, and producing digital and print content including newsletters, event and workshop announcements, and social media posts.
- Experience managing and tending to social media including many of the following: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram, TripAdvisor, Google, Yelp, and Airbnb.
- Excellent writing, spelling, grammar, and proofreading skills, with experience in composing effective marketing pieces, press releases, and other outreach material.
- Experience with the execution of graphic design and social media projects, including project-managing web design and print collateral projects.
- Experience successfully interacting with key stakeholders including media.
- Excellent attention to detail. Ability to prioritize, multi-task efficiently, and respond to a high volume of ongoing requests in a timely fashion.
- Ability to continually develop skills related to the use of rapidly changing technology and communications best practices.
- Demonstrated success and interest in engaging culturally diverse audiences.
- Ability to adapt and be flexible in a dynamic work environment.
The primary responsibilities of the position are:
- Working closely with the Executive Director to help plan, implement, and execute a media strategy with the goal of increasing guest reservations and donations
- Maintaining The Landmark Trust USA’s online presence on various platforms with engaging content that effectively captures the essence of the organization
- Moderating The Landmark Trust USA’s social media communities, responding to comments, questions, and messages
- Designing and sending email marketing campaigns, creating list segments, reviewing campaign analytics
- Managing Google Analytics to measure and understand website traffic
- Developing and maintaining marketing/development project calendar and deadlines
- Managing the design and print production process for program mailings and postcards, flyers, mailers
- Curating and updating media lists
- Working with the Executive Director, develop and write press releases, pitches, and newsletters to highlight programming and grant funding
- Contributing to office culture, initiatives, and learning programs
- Interacting with local reporters, photographers, bloggers, and influencers as requested
- When using an outside vendor, manage graphic designer, provide content, photography
- Assisting in managing all aspects of donor database and MailChimp, including:
- designing and running queries for mailing lists, donation reports, contact reports, and conversion rates
- Managing database administration including creating new fields, understanding field relationships, maintaining data, entering data
- Designing, developing and writing compelling appeals and copy for all customer and donor materials
- Analyzing customer and donor trends and efficacy of direct response efforts, measuring and reporting performance of digital campaigns and assess against goals, identify trends and insights and optimize budget and performance accordingly
Start Date: ASAP
This position is not remote, although some remote hours are possible.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $18.00 – $20.00 per hour
Applicants should apply by sending their resume & cover letter to @firstname.lastname@example.org