Vermont Humanities Council
Communications Production Manager | Full Time
Location: Montpelier, VT, USA
Vermont Humanities is searching for a creative, talented, and effective communications professional who can work independently to manage graphic design projects, print publications, email communications, fundraising materials, and media relations outreach. The Communications Production Manager will also serve as a key partner in maintaining and enhancing the Vermont Humanities website, contributing to our vibrant social media presence, and developing audiovisual productions. The Production Manager may be called upon to assist the Director of Communications, Executive Director, or other staff members with grant writing, reporting, and fundraising communications.
Vermont Humanities is committed to using a diversity, equity, inclusion, and access lens to meet its mission. The Communications Production Manager will be a life-long learner and contribute to the organization’s growth and cultural competency around these issues. Applicants are encouraged to include information in their cover letter on how they can contribute to this vision.
- Demonstrated interest in and commitment to the humanities and Vermont Humanities’ work and mission, especially around diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility
- Excellent writing and speaking skills
- Graphic design and desktop publishing experience using the Adobe Creative Suite, specifically InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Experience creating email campaigns using MailChimp, Campaign Monitor, Constant Contact, or another modern email platform
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite (Exchange, Word, Excel, Sharepoint) as well as other modern office software and equipment, including website browsing and publishing tools, and copiers and printers
- Ability to work both collaboratively and independently
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent life experience
- 3-5 years of experience in the field
- Media relations experience, such as writing press releases and successfully pitching stories to press contacts
- Website editing and publishing experience, ideally using WordPress
- Experience creating fundraising appeals in print and digital formats
- Demonstrated facility with using social media channels for nonprofit communications
- Experience with CRMs and other data management software
- Experience with project management software such as Asana, Liquid Planner, Trello, or MS Planner
- Experience with or interest in photography, audiovisual editing, and/or sound recording
- Competitive Salary: Starting Salary Range: $47,00-$51,000
- 403(b) retirement plan with 6% employer contribution
- 100% employer-paid healthcare insurance premium and deductible for the employee
- 100% employer-paid dental insurance premium for the employee
- Generous paid time off for vacation, holidays, personal and sick time
- Group life insurance at no cost to the employee
- Long-term disability insurance at no cost to the employee
- Flexible schedule including opportunities to work from home
- An open and supportive work environment with co-workers who are passionate about our mission
Vermont Humanities is located in Montpelier, but at present all of our staff members are working from home. New staff will be provided with a computer and other necessary equipment to complete their work remotely. Once social distancing precautions are eased, work will again be possible in our office.
Vermont Humanities is an EOE/affirmative action employer. We provide reasonable accommodations in the recruitment and employment of persons with disabilities.
Deadline: October 11, 2020 12:00 am
To apply for this position please submit a cover letter, resume, and portfolio link no later than October 11 to email@example.com