Renewable Energy Vermont
Communications Manager | Full Time
Location: 33 Court St, Montpelier, VT, USA
Renewable Energy Vermont (REV) represents businesses, non-profits, utilities, and individuals committed to reducing our reliance on fossil fuels by increasing clean renewable energy and energy efficiency in Vermont. Vermont’s clean energy economy supports at least 18,800 sustainable jobs at 2,519 businesses, representing approximately 6% of Vermont’s workforce. Together, we will achieve 100% total renewable energy (electric, thermal, transportation).
REV seeks a team-oriented person to implement a broad array of communications, outreach, and operations work. The communications manager will create and manage REV’s outreach and marketing efforts including press releases, videos, event presence, websites, social media channels, email newsletters, factsheets, and more. The position also includes administrative work such as office and data management, requiring the ability to interface comfortably with various software programs and great attention to detail. As the front line of customer service, the manager serves as the first point of contact for REV, answering the phone to all general public and REV member questions. The manager will support REV’s Executive Director and Assistant Director on various tasks to progress our dynamic non-profit organization’s mission.
- Passion for achieving Vermont’s clean energy future
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Persuasive written and verbal communication skills
- Very strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously and as a team-player within a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain relationships with a wide array of people and organizations
- Skilled at problem-solving regarding information technology
- Experience with digital media and graphic design with Adobe Create Cloud Products preferred
- Flexibility and humor
Join our team if you want to collaborate with fun co-workers and association members who share a passion for reducing climate pollution through entrepreneurial innovation. Full-time REV team members receive a strong benefit plan including flexible leave, matching retirement IRA, cafeteria health benefits, flexible work schedule, and teleworking.
To apply, please send a resume, cover letter, and brief writing sample to email@example.com. Position open until filled.