Vermont Businesses for Social Responsibility
Communications Manager, VBSR | Full Time
Location: 255 South Champlain Street, Suite 11, Burlington, VT, USA
Please note: due to COVID-19 situation, we have postponed our search for a Communications Manager.
The Communications Manager is responsible for defining VBSR’s value proposition and communications structure and strategies, and for promoting, enhancing and protecting VBSR’s value proposition and brand reputation to ensure that the organization’s external communications are effective and coordinated. Integrating the value proposition into all communications, the Communications Manager brings VBSR’s value proposition to priority audiences, and supports VBSR’s strategic plan and engagement. This is an exempt, full-time, permanent position, reporting to the Executive Director.
- • Actively develop and implement a strategic, integrated approach to communicating VBSR’s value proposition, including policy, membership, program and event communications to priority audiences.
- Ensure the overall brand of the organization is highlighted.
- Participate in active representation of VBSR’s public policy positions.
- • Plan and implement development and management of promotional materials and communications to
- promote a deeper understanding of VBSR’s policy issues to policy decision-makers and other priority audiences; promote member engagement in VBSR policy issues.
- give visibility to and socially responsible business practices
- support the recruitment of new members,
- promote member engagement with triple-bottom-line business practices,
- promote event attendance through electronic and other platforms.
- Ensure VBSR promotional materials and communications are visually effective, with content that is compelling, accurate and timely and consistent with VBSR’s branding and value proposition.
- Serve as the primary lead for newsletters, social media, and website. (All staff are responsible for posting and providing content related to their programs).
- Develop shared media opportunities and collaborations, and actively recruit relationships with media and other communication outlets and respond to inquiries from the media.
- Work with other VBSR staff to forward the organization’s work and mission.
Excellence in this Position Would Include:
- Regularly being sought – by the media, policy decision-makers and other organizations – as a content expert on business and policy issues and on communications strategies.
- Demonstrating a strategic and creative approach in communicating VBSR branding via outreach and events.
- Significant increases in organizational visibility, engagement and membership are demonstrably due to communications strategies.
- A desire to support business policies and practices that provide innovative solutions to issues affecting the planet, people and prosperity.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in marketing and/or communications¾five years’ experience preferred, with a demonstrated progression of responsibility.
- Proficiency with WordPress and digital design software.
- Proven leadership ability and adept at working in a team environment.
- Proven ability to develop shared media opportunities and collaborations.
- Proven success with both digital and traditional media outreach.
- Good public speaking skills.
- Proficiency with Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Strong connections with Vermont media representatives.
- Familiarity with the business community.
- Familiarity with public policy processes.
- Experience with InDesign.
- Sitting at a desk and working with a computer and phone for long periods of time.
- Some travel and occasional evenings required.
- Office is located at 255 So. Champlain St., Ste. 11, Burlington, VT 05401.
VBSR is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, veterans, people of color, individuals with disabilities, members of the LGBTQ community and individuals from diverse and often underrepresented populations are encouraged to apply.
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE