Local Motion Inc.
Communications Internship | Paid Internship
Location: Burlington, VT, USA
The Communications Intern will gain real work experience as part of a small marketing team within a dynamic non-profit organization. The intern will assist the Communications Manager with a variety of social media and other projects with the goal of improving our brand awareness and supporting our programs. The main project will be to develop and implement a social media campaign during the summer months.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Develop, manage and monitor a social media campaign
- Research and create content for social media postings, based on Local Motion’s work
- Analyze social media results and present to the marketing team
- Assist with quarterly newsletter content and editing
- Assist with photo taking and collection
- Assist with website editing
- Assist with compiling bi-weekly internal staff memo
- Coordinate the communications team’s presence at Local Motion activities and events
- Write and distribute press releases and e-blasts
- Assist the Communications team with projects and needs as they arise
Interns meet regularly with their supervisor, attend staff meetings, and work closely with a range of staff. We expect superior performance from every intern and provide them with guidance and the opportunities they need to thrive.
- Experience working with Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter, including collecting and analyzing data
- Knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign or other related software like Canva and Adobe Spark
- Interest in and passion for Communications
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Aptitude and ability to thrive in a fast-paced, versatile, dynamic environment
- Team player with good communication skills
- Ability to supply own laptop for duration of internship
- Knowledge of Trello software
- Web development skills
Deadline: March 1, 2022 12:00 am
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Full job description listed at www.localmotion.org/join_our_team