Let's Grow Kids
Communications Coordinator | Full Time
Location: 19 Marble Avenue, Burlington, VT, USA
Let’s Grow Kids is seeking a creative, passionate, and inspired communicator to join our communications team. The Communications Coordinator will report to the Communications Director and will be responsible for supporting the communications team in researching, creating, and disseminating compelling digital media content that reflects Let’s Grow Kids’ brand and our dynamic work, and inspires Vermonters to join the movement for high-quality child care in Vermont.
This is a highly collaborative position with shared projects throughout the communications team.
- Writing and Design:
- Collaborate with Communications Director on development of flyers, ads, campaign literature, and print and digital promotional materials and creative.
- Collaborate with LGK’s Digital Content Manager to provide support with email marketing campaigns, website maintenance, and copy-editing.
- Collaborate with LGK’s Media and Public Relations Manager to provide support for earned media projects including media alerts, press releases, media event planning, and execution, etc.
- Social Media:
- Support development and implementation of LGK’s overall social media strategy.
- Manage monthly social media calendar, incorporating key messages and campaign themes and supporting organizational engagement priorities, initiatives, and events.
- Handle day-to-day curation and creation of compelling content designed to increase follower engagement across all LGK’s social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and other platforms as they are adopted, in coordination with the overarching editorial calendar.
- Work closely with all LGK teams to gain insight and new content ideas to promote and increase engagement across all channels and target audiences.
- Collect, evaluate, and share monthly data analytics from all social media channels, and adjust strategies as necessary based on performance and best practices.
- Respond to comments and direct messages from social media followers in a timely manner with compassion and accurate information and/or connect with appropriate staff member for tailored follow-up.
- Attend events to collect stories, videos, and photos and live post as needed.
- Communications Systems Support:
- Support the communications team in the development and maintenance of content management systems, including the Editorial Calendar, SharePoint, and EveryAction Database.
A well-qualified candidate will possess the following:
- Strong writing, editing, and storytelling skills and the ability to tailor voice for different channels.
- Commitment to excellence with a drive to continually learn and stay informed about best practices in the fields of nonprofit communications and marketing. Ongoing training and coaching provided.
- Strong understanding of digital communications, including social media, email, and web. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suites, video/smartphone filming/editing, and/or HTML a plus.
- Energetic and organized self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to work collaboratively or independently.
- Ability to work with all LGK staff, clients, and vendors to collect and develop stories for a range of platforms and media.
- Sound editorial and ethical judgment.
- Three years relevant experience.
- Strong commitment to Vermont children and families.
- Strong commitment to the LGK core value of inclusion as we strive to build an organization, movement and system that promotes equity and diversity.
This position is full-time, may include some nights and weekends, and is based at the home office in Burlington, with the potential to work remotely and/or in our Montpelier office.
Salary range is $40,000–$55,000 plus a competitive benefits package that includes paid family leave and contribution to child care costs.
Deadline: March 11, 2020 12:00 am
Please send cover letter (including your interest and/or commitment to LGK’s mission and the core values that guide our work) and résumé to Helen Rock (email@example.com) or Let’s Grow Kids, 19 Marble Ave, Suite 4, Burlington, VT 05401 by Wednesday, March 11. Desired start date is mid-April.