Communications Coordinator | Full Time
At Adaptiva HR, each individual contributes to the mission, growth, and success of our organization. The Communications Coordinator will play a key role in “telling the story” of who we are as well as sharing key information with our stakeholders. This will be accomplished through the design, production, and dissemination of a wide variety of materials (digital and print) related to all that we do. The primary duties will focus on:
- editing, creating, designing, and producing digital and print content including newsletters, event and workshop announcements, and social media posts
- managing and tending to our social media presence on Facebook, LinkedIn, Alignable, and others as needed
- organizing and managing our content archive (photos, graphics, ads, written materials)
We need the Communications Coordinator to come equipped with these skills:
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and writing)
- Working knowledge of several software platforms or the ability to pick them up easily (see below)
- Ability to work with and across the team
- Ability to effectively organize time and tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to self-monitor to consistently produce work that is free of spelling and grammatical errors
The Communications Coordinator will primarily work on the following (using the software platforms listed):
- Manage the company social media accounts (currently LinkedIn, Facebook, Alignable)
- Manage social media assets including content, images, photos (Google Drive)
- Update website with new events, services, etc. (Word Press)
- Manage event registrations (Ticket Tailor)
- Edit and publish newsletters (MailChimp)
- Write and edit press releases (Word, Google Docs)
- Create promotion and brand materials such as slide decks, handouts, brochures (Canvaa or similar platform, Google Slides, PowerPoint)
This position also includes some administrative support for others who lead certain projects and tasks. There is a high degree of overlap with the skills and abilities from above. However, in this capacity, the Communications Coordinator is assisting someone else, while above they are taking the lead on their own projects.
Administrative support includes:
- Assist with workshops/Zoom events
- Assist with outreach to current clients
- Assist with executing proposals and agreements to new clients
- Assist with monthly invoices and messages to clients
Who is our new Communications Coordinator?
This is a great position for someone who likes or needs flexibility (currently, all work is fully remote). It is also a good fit for someone who is both creative and task-oriented. There is a lot of relevant experience that can prepare someone for this position, individuals with varied backgrounds are encouraged to apply. We are committed to doing the work of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion (in our own workplace and through the support we provide others). Members of our team need to be committed to this, too. Lastly, we are on a journey and our new Communications Coordinator is someone who has a bit of an adventurous spirit!
The salary for this position is $25/hour. Initially, it is anticipated that this position will be 10-15 hours/week. Depending on what is happening those may be more or less, and determining workload from week-to-week will be a collaborative process. As the business grows, it is expected that the hours for this position will also increase. The position can remain remote if needed, whenever we get to a post-covid way of living.
To apply, please send a resume and letter of interest as well as a writing sample to email@example.com. This can be anything that shows us your skills in communicating with the public (i.e. engaging, error-free, concise, etc.). If you do not have a sample ready, feel free to use your letter of interest as the sample, and let us know that. Please be sure to visit our website before applying.