Community of Vermont Elders (COVE)
Communications Coordinator | Part Time
Location: 29 Main Street, Montpelier, VT, USA
Community of Vermont Elders (COVE) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to promote and protect quality of life for older Vermonters through dialogue, education, advocacy, and empowerment.
Summary of Position
The Communications Coordinator is responsible for increasing COVE’s exposure through publication and other mediums which alert Vermonters to COVE program activities, scams and fraud, stories from older Vermonters, and opportunities for involvement. In these times, this position is vital to ensuring broad reach of COVE messaging across populations. This position requires that outreach be directed to people of varying ages, demographics, and comfort with technology. The ideal candidate is self-motivated, creative, and excited to develop outreach through a variety of media and strategies.
- Develop a communications plan that incorporates powerful & consistent messaging and branding that reaches Vermonters through a variety of platforms
- Coordinate/maintain social media and web presence with regular updates & opportunities for engagement
- Organize content and publish regular press releases and newsletters
- Provide interviews, develop and publish regular podcasts
- Participate in additional trainings, certifications, activities, etc. to ensure continued high-quality work
- Submit monthly project narrative and expense reports
- Develop partnerships and networks that enhance COVE’s public messaging
- Work within a budget (as set with the Executive Director) for the purposes of outreach inclusive of advertising, printing, website development, etc.
- Work collaboratively with subcontractors, partners, volunteers, and COVE staff
- Work closely with design staff to enhance COVE brand, develop style guide, & build media packages
- Demonstrated knowledge of or experience in the theories and principles of outreach/marketing practices
- Experience in program planning; coordination and evaluation related to outreach
- Demonstrated excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and flexibility to work independently, from home, and within a team
- Ability to exercise discretion, judgment, confidentiality and work with a degree of autonomy
- Working knowledge of Microsoft, Google, and Adobe applications
- Commitment to COVE’s goals and mission
- Open minded and accepting of diverse and unique populations, ideas, life experiences, and situations
- Must be a Vermont resident with valid drivers’ license and have reliable insured transportation.
Salary and Benefits
- Hourly position at 32 hours/week
- Temporary 1-year position
- Pay rate is $22-$25/hour commensurate with experience
- Position qualifies for .8FTE prorated benefits, 3% sIRA match, and paid vacation/holidays.
- COVE offers a flexible work week for all staff. This position qualifies for opportunities to work remotely; mileage, phone, and internet reimbursements as allowed under COVE personnel and program policies
Reports to the Executive Director
Submit resume to RubyB@vermontelders.org