Renewable Energy Vermont
Communications and Marketing Associate | Part Time
Renewable Energy Vermont (REV)’s businesses, non-profit, utility, and individual members are creating resilient, local economies powered by renewable energy and employ a 21st century workforce committed to improving the lives of their neighbors and communities. Together, we will achieve 100% total renewable energy (electric, thermal, transportation) and meaningful climate action.
REV seeks a part time Communications and Marketing Associate to create a variety of content for our social media channels and websites. This content includes blog posts, graphics, short video profiles, and social media posts. The Communications and Marketing Associate will work closely with and report to the Communications Manager. To be successful in this role, you need to be comfortable having conversations with a wide variety of people and be able to think critically and creatively.
Applications due April 15. Employment approximately 15-20 hours per week through the summer, with a possibility of extending into the fall. Pay $15/hour. Please share samples of your previous creative work (5 examples max) along with your resume. This position will be fully remote until the state of Vermont determines it is safe to work in person.
To apply, send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Responsibilities will include:
- Outreach to people working in renewable energy
- Scheduling and conducting interviews with clean energy professionals
- Transforming interview content into written and/or video profiles
- Editing and proofreading written pieces before publication
- Arranging to get photographs and video of interviewees
- Procuring necessary permissions
- Creating and promoting content on social networks and monitoring engagement
- Updating social media lists
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Excellent editing skills and great attention to detail
- Experience with Adobe Create Cloud Products preferred
- Experience creating content for social media (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
- Experience with Squarespace is a preferred
Deadline: April 15, 2021 12:00 am
Please submit cover letter, resume, and writing samples to email@example.com