Energy Action Network (EAN)
Communications and Events Associate | Part Time
Location: 17 State Street, Suite 205
Energy Action Network (EAN) is seeking a skilled and adaptable associate to become a core part of our non-profit staff team in a permanent position. The position will be part-time.
Energy Action Network (EAN) is a diverse and collaborative network of over two hundred non-profits, businesses, public agencies, and other organizations across Vermont working together in a collective impact framework for a common mission: to achieve Vermont’s energy and climate commitments in ways that create a more just, thriving, and sustainable future for Vermonters.
EAN is supported by a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization (EAN, Inc.), made up of a small staff that serve a backbone coordination and support role for the Network.
EAN produces an Annual Progress Report for Vermont that is a highly respected independent resource for tracking and analysis of Vermont’s statewide progress toward its energy and emissions reduction commitments. EAN also convenes Network members at an Annual Summit and regular online and in person events such as a speaker series and meetings of Network Action Teams.
EAN’s Communications and Events Associate will work closely with and be supervised by the Network Manager, and also collaborate with EAN’s Executive Director, Dashboard and Data Manager, and Network members.
This position requires willingness to take on a variety of tasks as needed. Generally, responsibilities will include:
- Maintain and update the EAN Website.
- Assemble and send EAN’s monthly Total Energy News e-newsletter, as well as additional e-blasts to the Network and Public Partners.
- Support production of the Annual Progress Report for Vermont.
- Manage EAN social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter).
- Manage Network Database (Constant Contact).
- Draft press releases.
- Coordinate and support Network convenings and events, both in person and remote, including promotion, registration, and communication with venues and service providers.
- Support the work of the staff and Network workgroups including helping to schedule meetings, organize meeting materials, take notes, send follow on e-mails, keep track of working group membership, etc.
Required Skills/ Experience
- Excellent communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Highly organized with attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines.
- Excellent people skills, including patience and persistence to coordinate diverse sets of partners and organizational leaders with busy schedules.
- Comfort and experience with technology that supports collaborative and remote work and communications, including Google Suite, Microsoft Office Suite, Dropbox, Zoom, Constant Contact, WordPress, etc.
- Strong personal commitment to the mission of EAN.
- Familiarity with Vermont’s economic & political culture and energy & climate landscape.
- Sense of humor, patience, flexibility, and a can-do attitude.
Compensation & Location
- This is a 20 hour per week position with an hourly wage between $18 – $20, commensurate with experience.
- This position is eligible for prorated vacation time, holidays, and retirement contribution.
- This position is normally located at EAN’s office in downtown Montpelier, VT. Remote work will be acceptable, but it is expected that the position will work from the office at least one half-day per week during normal non-COVID times.
Deadline: November 29, 2021 12:00 am
Submit a resume and cover letter outlining your interest in the work of EAN and what you would bring to this important position to email@example.com. Address applications to: Cara Robechek, Network Manager, Energy Action Network.