Norwich Solar Technologies
Commercial Solar Sales Representative – Maine | Full Time
NST is seeking a Commercial Solar Sales Representative to identify, contact, and sell Net Metering / Offtaker Agreements to qualified businesses, schools, municipalities, and nonprofit organizations throughout northern New England. This position is intended to focus primarily in the state of Maine, though opportunities may exist in New Hampshire and Vermont as well. The ideal candidate will be someone who is a highly-organized, self-motivated individual with the ability to utilize their existing relationships and do extensive outreach for new opportunities. Interest in renewables and solar energy is preferred but experience in these fields is not a requirement. The Commercial Solar Sales Representative will work remotely from a home office initially due to COVID-19, but may be brought into our Brunswick, ME office at a future date.
The Commercial Solar Sales Representative will develop a pipeline of prospective customers in order to meet quarterly and annual sales goals.
Key responsibilities include:
- Work within their existing networks to connect with potential customers including “commercial” customers such as municipalities, community services institutions, schools, businesses large and small, and non-profits.
- Identify and develop new relationships and implement outreach programs to commercial customers throughout Maine to generate interest for NST product offerings.
- Actively prospect for new customers via cold calling, canvassing, and other direct marketing activities.
- Analyze prospective customer historic electric consumption and prepare detailed proposals and/or presentations to show maximum value.
- Set clear customer expectations via explanation of contract terms, including financing and installation timelines.
- Negotiate and close Net Metering / Offtaker Agreements with business owners, nonprofit organizations, school boards, and local government officials.
- The ideal candidate may also be asked to visit potential solar sites, negotiate lease agreements with landowners, and occasionally attend local government meetings for permitting or other community meetings.
Strong preference for candidates with an existing network of commercial customers and potential customers throughout the state of Maine. The ideal candidate must be enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on, results-oriented, and a team player. Key qualifications include:
- Proven track record of success in a business to business sales role with a minimum of 3 years of experience.
- Ability to build trust and rapport with prospective customers, providing clients with top-notch customer service.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Enjoys talking to people on the phone and meeting in person with prospective customers.
- Understanding of net metering, power purchase agreement, and solar incentives.
- Familiarity with Salesforce, NetSuite, or another CRM platform is preferred but not required.
- Minimum BS or BA degree required.
Competitive and commensurate with experience. This fulltime position includes a robust benefits package offering health care, vacation and retirement savings opportunities.
Please send resumes and additional information to Norwich Solar Technologies at firstname.lastname@example.org . Please no phone calls